Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Bo’s full profile. It’s free!
My name is Bo and I live in Ghent, the most beautiful city of Belgium! I grew up in a small village somewhere between the cities Antwerp and Hasselt, but when I started to study in Ghent i knew I would stay there for a while, and indeed now i'm already living there for about 8 years.
I'm a social worker and basically I help foreigners to find a job in Belgium.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Till now I have some experience in surfing and hosting. On my trip through India a lot of different, great people hosted us. It was a great experience and we really could learn something of the culture and the good places to go. I can't describe the many interesting conversations and situations we pass through. My other experiences of surfing are just citytrips for a couple of days, which is nice because the people will show you places you would not possibly go to, they show you the local food and they will learn you some words in their language.
And of course it's a nice way to meet new people.
I have a lot of interests, so it's difficult to make a complete list. The major things I do in my life is traveling, go to music concerts, have fun with my friends, parties, having a drink, making good diner, go to theatre, studying, visiting places, meeting new people, reading books, watch movies, ....
- cultural studies
- social work
Music, Movies, and Books
I'm open to any kind of movies, any kind of music and any kind of literature. Of course i have my favorites but it is always changing. I like being open to discover some new things.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Volunteering in Senegal and really lived like someone of the village. I got the opportunity to get to know the culture very good.
- Internship in Hungary learned me to be independend in a country you don't know anybody, you don't speak the language of, and to live in an international group of young people who I will never forget in my life.
- Traveling around India was a different experience because it was traveling fast from city to city but because of the couch surfing we had the opportunity to learn more about the culture and about the history.
- Trip trough the Balkan showed me a whole new sight of Europe, I was totally surprised about it and i would recommend it to everybody.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Senegal, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In