Not Accepting Guests
- Last login almost 2 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Joseph’s full profile. It’s free!
Being a backpacker in my life!
I like travelling and being a backpacker all times. Moreover, I like to listen people's stories and their wisdom which come from their own personal lives.
Sometimes, when people meet people, you will find a lot of different things that we seldom imagine. After all, you will find that there are many many possibilities for us to be in the world.
Beside that, I would like to show my home city state , Hong Kong, to everyone that I met. I think as a traveller, we do not just experience things from ppl but share our own as well.
I have resigned my job and would like to take this chance to travel around the world. Hope that I can broaden my horizon and learn through trips.
The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination. (Roger, Carl)
Through the Thou a person becomes I. (Buber, Martin)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I live in an Island in HK where far away from the city centre. I would like to meet people who want to look at the small typical HK village and get away from the busy city centre in HK.
I become a CS member for more than 3 years and I had an experience to host a CS member.
I showed him around my home town and living place.
I shared my country's culture and some points of views of today's Hong Kong people.
I like ...
travelling (around the world)
cooking ( I can cook for you if you dont mind I PLAY at your kitchen)
watching films ( more stories that you expereinced, more possibilities that you have)
reading ( words can let oneself understand the Human world better! XD)
Doing Yoga. I practiced yoga (not just Asana) for more than 6 years. I like the mindfulness living style.
Music, Movies, and Books
Pedro Almodovar, Woody Allen and Alfred Hitchcook.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. Practicing Sunmudo(Korea Martial Art) in Golgulsa in GyeongJu for a whole month. I do really like the life their. More I practices, more I learned about myself.
2. Stayed in Rishikesh(India) for two and a half months because of YOGA only! I stayed in an Ashram for a whole month and it was an super awesome experience that I had in my life. After that, I learned how to be a Hatha Yoga teacher in a Yoga school. This whole trip changed my life and perspective about life and yoga.
3. Stayed in one of a host from couchsurfing who are at Frigiliana. Those four days were awesome. He is a very kind man and I like the little town with such good and positive energy around there. Moreover, maybe I like Spain very much. Everywhere I had travelled in Spain was just wonderful.
4. Stayed at Cuba for a whole month and met a very good family who treated me like their son in Havana. I lived with them for whole two weeks.
5. The Four Day Marches in Nijmegen was awesome and this was my first time to come to enjoy the whole week festival! I cannot find other place that can such long festival with full of musics and fun around the city.
Teach, Learn, Share
I was a colleage teacher who teach senior students mathematics and pure mathematics.
Do you know about Beauty of Mathematics?
Or...you find it very boring or difficult? haha
Now, I can teach Hatha Yoga and Meditation after the trip in India.
Countries I’ve Visited
China, Cuba, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mongolia, South Korea, Spain, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In