- 31% response rate
- Last login about 12 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Brian’s full profile. It’s free!
To find my place in the universe! ;-)
Young at heart, in body and in mind. :-) I was born in Scotland, lived in Cape Town (RSA), London, Paris and now settled in Berlin. Like working with computers and doing photography (see "My favourite pics"), would like to do studio portraits. I like dancing and currently (just for fun and to keep fit) streetdance. One of my hobbies is singing and my repertoire includes songs by James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Charles Trenet (in French), Barry White, Elton John and the theme song from the "Dirty Dancing" film. Would like to learn Michael Buble and Herbie Hancock songs. Just for fun, I also used to do a funny little show dressed as a cowboy singing a few country/rock songs. In the summer I like to go swimming in one of the beautiful lakes here in Berlin, sometimes also skinny-dipping ;-)
Anyway, here are some of my thoughts:
- Life is short, so "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow..." :-)
- I'm an eternal optimist
- It is never too late to be what you might have been
- Life is not a struggle, it's a game!
- Learn from your mistakes, forgive others for theirs, then move on.
- Love and be loved.
Singing (as a hobby), photography (see some of my photos in "My favourite pics" folder), computers (PC), all technical stuff, dancing, workouts at the gym and going to the sauna :-) On a very general level I am interested in economics, science and technology...
Music, Movies, and Books
Avatar, Breathless, Eyes wide shut, Basic instinct, Kalifornia, The Razor's Edge, Minority Report, The talented Mr. Ripley, The postman always rings twice, Red Rock West, As good as it gets, Black Hawk Down, The Bourne identity, The interpreter, The fifth element, i-Robot, 2001 - A space odysee, Changing lanes, Frantic, Bandits, Blade runner, Collateral, A Crime, Where the money is, The Contract, Oceans Twelve, 16 Blocks, Catch me if you can, No country for old men, Inception, ...
- The Shock Doctrine. The Rise of Disaster Capitalism (Naomi Klein)- The Clash of Civilizations (Samuel P. Huntington)- Payback. Debt and the Shadow Side of Wealth (Margaret Atwood)- The Moral Animal. The New Science of Evolutionary Psychology (Robert Wright)- A Short History of Progress (Ronald Wright)- Nonzero. The Logic of Human Destiny. (Robert Wright)- Price of Inequality: How Today's Divided Society Endangers Our Future (Joseph E. Stiglitz)- The New Digital Age - Reshaping the future of people, nations and business (Eric Schmidt, Jared Cohen)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Going up inside the Ukraine's huge "Statue of the Motherland" to it's highest viewing platform 62m (in the shield) with a panoramic view of Kiev. This is usually forbidden but my friend and I got "special permission" ;-)
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, Germany, Namibia, South Africa, United Kingdom