Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Soraya’s full profile.
Hello! I'm a spanish girl currently living and working in Ireland as au pair and babysitter. As you can see, I've been a Couchsurfing member for several years but not a very active one cause I haven't been able to travel as much as I would have liked to, but I did manage to live abroad for a while during this time: England, Netherlands, and now Ireland.
This little irish adventure has filled me with joy and hope, I feel alive and I think it's time to go back to that promise of travelling and seeing as much places as posible that I once made to myself.
So mostly I'm interested in travelling within Ireland, as I can't be away for more than two days (work), but some quick trips out of Ireland may be plaussible (not often though)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I'm interested in meeting local people wherever I may go and get to find some travel companion would be ideal too.
- Reading and music are two of my passions. Also cinema.
- I love museums and art galleries.
- I'm a psychology student and mental health is one of my favorite topics.
- I recently got my first DSLR camera and therefore found a new hobby - my initial intention was to only use it for video recording but I ended up finding photography may be my thing (It's an entry-level camera and I only own the kit lens but it's something).
- Just like everybody here I love travelling.
- music festivals
Music, Movies, and Books
Favorite movies: The Piano Teacher (I love you, Isabelle Huppert) and Black Swan.
Favorite directors: Darren Aronofsky, Lars von Trier, Michael Haneke, Sofia Coppola...
Favorite genres: I love horror, psychological thriller and independent/experimental movies.
Books: All from Agatha Christie and Haruki Murakami, Lisey's Story (Stephen King), La Sonrisa Etrusca (José Luis Sampedro), The House of Bernarda Alba (Federico García Lorca), The second sex (Simone de Beauvoir), 1984 (George Orwell)...
Music: Rock and metal mostly, but not exclusively. PJ Harvey, Nightwish, The Cure, Björk, Emilie Autumn, Misfits, The Birthday Massacre, Marilyn Manson, Alice Cooper, Edith Piaf...
Countries I’ve Visited
France, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Ireland, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom