Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Sabine’s full profile. It’s free!
Open-minded, funny and adventurous girl, trying to balance her family life with her struggle for cultural knowledge, social interaction and a breeze of independence.
Some years ago, I came back from holidays already thinking of which place to go next. Meanwhile, my house was open to many couchsurfers from all over the world. I met wonderful people and after a chat or two, I always had new destinations on my list that I wanted to visit. And my best holidays were, of
course, couchsurfing ones.
After a mandatory break while starting a family, right now I am back in business :)
We are looking for an Au-Pair girl who can assist us with our kids while we work in and on the house we just moved in and also I finally need to finish my doctoral thesis. Beside, we want you to have a good time here. So we will show you around, go hiking (or do some other sports) and maybe camping, have barbecues or play cards... But, no worries, upstairs you also have your private room and a TV ;-) Of course, all classical au-pair conditions are included.
Currently the next possible beginning is autumn '16 for at least half a year, preferred for 12 months.
If you have read our profile and now you like to au-pair with us any other time just write us a message and we might keep you in mind!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
- South Korea
In total I have hosted more than 30 couchsurfers right now
- Canada (Yukon Territory)
- Germany (a lot)
- USA (Alaska, New York City)
Planning to CouchSurf every continent, but this might take a while
In my freetime I mostly do volunteer work: Search-and-rescue with the dog and water rescue at the DLRG (German Life Saving Association).
I take pictures all the time.
I love hiking, rock climbing in the Alpes and I used to do canyoning and rafting when I was younger :-P.
I am pretty much into any kind of outdoor adventure stuff. But since I have a family things became little less easy.
- volunteer work
- outdoor activities
- rock climbing
- horse racing
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Got stuck with our truck in the Etosha Pan (be sure: Namibia is a BURNING country!)
- Caught a big pink salmon while fishing in the Gulf of Alaska
- Won at high striker at the german Oktoberfest, of course wearing a traditional Dirndl
- Rode horse races when she was a teenager, later worked as a vet on the racetrack
- Hiked with her dog for 24 hours at a stretch, just under 80km
- Explored Alaska, with backpack and tent
- Stayed a night under the beautiful south african sky next to a river (scared of maybe being killed be a crocodile that comes out of the water (but supposedly there should be none), got around 100 mosquito bites that night)
- Served her country on mission. Twice.
- Hiked through Iceland (slept in a tent when it was reeeeally cold, didn't have electricity or running water for days, so used hot springs for washing and bathing)
- Watched a family of 11 lions enjoying the sunrise just next to our car (5 lion kids playing with each other and having sort of a squirrel for breakfast)
- Was covered with sand by a green turtle digging her egg whole at night time in Australia
- Got caught by a forest ranger while doing wild camping in Austria
- Loved to do winter canyoning, but sometimes there was so much ice and snow in the canyon we couldn't find the clamp for roping (keep on improvising)
Teach, Learn, Share
My new mission now is couchsurfing with kids. I am sure that future holidays will differ little from what I did before.
And, of course, if you have kids (and dogs) you are most welcome to stay at my place and tell me about it! And if you like: Bring'em all :)
What I Can Share with Hosts
Stories, laughs and maybe a bottle of wine
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, Oman, Poland, San Marino, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, Germany, Kosovo