- Last login about 17 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Caio’s full profile. It’s free!
I started traveling a few years ago, mostly moving to new countries for work, until in February 2015 I decided to give work a break and I have been traveling ever since.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Hostels are fun, but most of my best travel experiences came either from couchsurfing or spontaneous hosting. It creates a special connection when someone opens up their home to you.
Since I travel continuously, sometimes I get tired and decide to stay in a place for a while. Whenever this happens, you are welcome to wherever I am :)
I like to be outside, rock climbing, backpacking, slacklining, bodyboarding, skiing, and to try all kinds of different sports.
Music, Movies, and Books
I tend to read very different kinds of books on different periods of my life. For the traveling audience I can recommend Walden, by Henry David Thoreau :)
I also enjoy books by Jon Krakauer
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Cycling across the Balkans on the cheapest bike i could find
- Hitchhiking/camping in Scandinavia during winter with a tent and a sign saying "Anywhere"
- Seeing the Northern Lights from my tent with 4 companion dogs somewhere in Finnmark
- Spent 1 good month bodyboarding in Indonesia
- Camped near a river and built a raft, which we floated the river for a week, in Croatia
- Found wild hot springs after 12 days of no showering, in winter, oh it was amazing!
- One year in British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you about:
- exercises and a bit of sport science
- cooking (i also always like to learn new dishes and recipes when i travel)
- basic guitar and music theory
I would like to learn:
- to dance
- horseride better
- play the piano
- about your city and culture (and you)
- anything really, i want to know a bit of everything :)
What I Can Share with Hosts
Many interest stories, a home cooked meal, and a big smile :D
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Réunion, Serbia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, Uruguay, Viet Nam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Countries I’ve Lived In
Brazil, Canada, Russian Federation, South Africa