Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 4 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Carolin’s full profile. It’s free!
People generally describe me as fun to be around, very enthusiastic, full of energy and active. I am a outgoing, sociable, risk-taking, adventurous, straight-forward, honest, and ambitious person.
There are also other less obvious sides to me, of course. Those sides that love to write or listen to poetry, that read books cover to cover without blinking (although I find less and less the time to do so), those sides that like to travel alone, enjoying the company of my own self in the middle of nature.
I am in my late 20s, and I have recently moved to Munich, so I am still exploring the city myself. I enjoy salsa parties, even though I am not a very great dancer. But with the right person, I can get lost in the music and forget all the stress in the world.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Having started CS in 2008, I often feel like one of the oldies on CS.
Hosting, surfing, travelling, organizing events, giving and receiving infos about countries soon to travel... I pretty much participate in every single possible way.
It comes and goes in waves though - at times I will be very active and at others not at all.
I have observed all the changes to Couchsurfing with scepticism. From the many many user interface changes, to the changes from CS being a non-profit company to becoming a profit-seeking company, to a culture change with AirB&B slowly but surely appealing to former Couchsurfers.
I am still observing. I am participating in some events, but I am currently not hosting. My job is extremely busy, and I can never tell when I have time in advance. Mostly, the few minutes a day when I am home I just want to spend them in peace and quiet... sorry, no couch right now :(
- sports (outdoors, indoors, team sports, individual sports... all kinds... none professional, all on an amateuer level)
- nature / outdoor activities (e.g. canoeing, going to a lake, hiking, snowboarding)
- dinner and drinks, BBQ, hanging out with friends
- team sports
- outdoor activities
- scuba diving
Music, Movies, and Books
The Little Prince. The Alchemist. [Because the books let me believe that even the most pragmatic/efficient person like me can and needs to be a dreamer ever now and then.]
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
So so so many things... a small excerpt:
- I built my own igloo in the Swiss Alps and slept in it for two days with other couchsurfers
- snorkeling and diving in Bali, Egypt, Mauritius, Thailand, Belize, Mexico, Sulawesi, Malaysia, Croatia, Reunion Island and Sri Lanka
- a roadtrip through Eypt right after the revolution
- bungeejumping in South Africa
- Riding on a scooter around in South Africa and Asia
- safari in Africa
- seeing active volcanoes in Guatamala and Indonesia
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Italy, Malaysia, Morocco, Netherlands, Portugal, Russian Federation, Réunion, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, India, Mauritius, United States