Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 10 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Claire’s full profile. It’s free!
We will be travelling most of this summer (2016), so we will hardly be in a position to accept guests before september.
I am a friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic person... I like laughing, singing, travelling, meeting people...
When in doubt, choose to enjoy the experience and make it fun :-)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Backpacking through Honduras, I had the chance to meet very friendly people who invited me to stay with them for a few days and I had an amazing experience: making friends, meeting local people, learn more about their culture. That was so different from going to anonymous hostel where you can only meet other tourists!
When I was little, my dad always liked inviting strangers to stay with us. Anytime he was on a train, he would come home with a guest. That was a lot of fun :-)
When I travel, I always feel staying with locals beats any hotel.
So when I discovered couchsurfing.org, I was super excited: what a brilliant, friendly, enriching way to travel!
I discovered the site a few years ago when I traveled from San Francisco to Vancouver and had the chance to meet amazing people while surfing their couch. I had a great time :-)
I've hosted many friends of friends in several places I've lives. I have yet to host people through the couchsurfing.com site. Will you be our fisrt guest?
Hmmm... that list is long...
I'm interested in:
- parenting, attachment parenting, education, teaching, Gattegno Pedagogy... In a word, all the ways to respectfully accompany our youngsters through their childhood and adolescence, and enjoying it :-)
- spirituality, especially non duality teaching by Adyashanti
- focusing. I discovered inner relationship focusing several years ago and it has completely changed my life. It has helped me so much...
- meeting people, making new friends, travelling
- cohousing - I even used to maintain a french blog about it. http://covoisinage.canalblog.com I have dropped it for now because it's very time consuming, but I'm still hoping to live in one, someday
- woodworking: I used to dream to become a cabinetmaker... maybe in my next life :-)
- sewing: little clothes for my kids, I have yet to dare sew something for me.
- computers, open source
- music: I love singing and I play the ukulele and the ocarina
... and millions of other things
Music, Movies, and Books
The continuum concept, Jean Liedloff
Ishmael - Daniel Quinn
Les cerfs volants - Romain Gary
Loving what is - Byron Katie
How children fail/learn - John Holt
Playfull parenting - Larry Cohen
Daily groove - Scott Noelle
Antonio Carlos Jobim - and his lovely bossa novas...
Damien Rice - his funny lyrics and his mixing opera singing in eskimo friend
Keith Jarrett and his Kolhn concert... what more can I say?
Bernard Lavilliers - Salomé is dancing :-)
Marcio Faraco - Bossa is back... Lyrics full of sun and tenderness, soft and happy melodies, thank you Marcio!
Morcheeba - Trip hop or blues? Skye Edwards sounds like a jewel and Big calm is definitely high on my favorite albums list.
Youssou N'Dour - I like is energy, his beat. His concert in Montreal was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
Clerks - Funny, crazy... I love it
Once - touching, beautifull music...
My life without me - touching
Minuscule : Insects private life and a hilarious parody of an xwing fight with flies chasing a ladybug.
The Princess Bride - Very funny fairy tale parody.
and a gazillion others...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Hanggliding in British Columbia. Wooooooo
What I Can Share with Hosts
Friendship, food, showing you around Geneva, going for a short hike in the mountains...
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Honduras, Mexico, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Canada, France, Madagascar, United Kingdom