Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 1 day ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Charlotte’s full profile. It’s free!
Get my working holiday visa --- yes, I got it!!!
I am a typical ISTJ Aquarius. So if you know MBTI and Zodiac, you probably already know 50% of me. In short, I am an independent, organized, responsible and goal-oriented Urbanite who is living in a huge concrete jungle but trying to take every opportunity to break traditions, get rid of constrains, hear my heart and free myself. Like anyone who lives in a cosmopolitan city, work, work, work occupies most of my life. Being a workaholic means I work more than seventy-two hours a week because I am engaged in shipping industry where things are running 24/7. I like my job since it provides me food, clothes, and a roof over my head, but that's it. The point is I do not love it and do not have passion for it. So I quit recently and got my working holiday visa! I will head to Australia for one to one and a half years.
Many people are afraid of leaving their familiar environment, or do not have the guts to make a difference even though they are craving for that, I am just glad that I am not one of them.
Contradictory is the best word to describe the other half of me. I enjoy war movies, but I pray for peace. I am an Urbanite, but I hate being one. I do not consider myself as a persuasive person at all, but my friends say I am quite a good one. I think I am fearless, but I am afraid of worms.
I am who I am but sometimes when I look at myself in the mirror, I just do not know who I am.
If you want it, you got it.
If you lose your balance, you lose your power.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I get to know couchsurfing from a Taiwanese movie, Taipei Exchanges and unexpectedly, I did my first couchsurfing in Taipei.
- travel as a soloist;
- do research for my trips;
- watch movies in my bed with Ritz toasted chips;
- browse movie commentaries on the Internet;
- fishing with my dad;
- have long and deep conversation with my dad;
- wake up naturally on Saturday;
- discover every Sichuan restaurant in Hong Kong with my friend YY;
- clean my apartment thoroughly in every Sunday morning;
- there are definitely something else that I can't think of right now.
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: I am open to all kinds of music except Jazz.
Movies: Brave Heart, Everybody's Fine, Inside Llewyn Davis, About Time, Closer, Begin Again, The Hunt, The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance, Still Alice, Into the Wild, Fargo, Pulp Fiction, Inglourious Basterds, Sin City, Kill Bill, all Quentin's work and all movies played by Al Pacino.
TV Series: The Walking Dead, True Detective, Game of Thrones, Modern Family, Mad Men, Revenge, Shameless
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Why is it limited to only one? There are definitely more than one amazing thing that you've ever done!
- organized a piano concert in university;
- watched sunrise at Phnom Bakheng with my mom;
- enjoyed sunset at Uluwatu, Bali;
- killed three iPhones (two of them were drowned and the other one simply hate me so much that he jumped from my bed), but to tell you the truth, the fourth one is on the way and I am thinking this time he will have a heart attack;
- sailing in a bulk carrier for seven days from Inchon, S. Korea to Qingdao, China and getting to know how logs discharge works;
- glacier hiking in Iceland;
- saw the Northern Lights at Tromso and Rovaniemi;
- baked my first chocolate cake with my host Max on New Year's Eve 2015 at Bergen;
- crossed country border by plane, train, cruise, bus, and on foot.
Teach, Learn, Share
- I have learned piano for more than ten years, so it is something that I can absolutely share;
- I am a good cook (even though I do not cook often);
- I am self learning Swedish and photography, so if you happen to speak Swedish and are good at shooting or self learning shooting skills, we can definitely share.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I can share my stories and you can share yours.
Countries I’ve Visited
Cambodia, China, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In