Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 5 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see CHIQUELIN’s full profile. It’s free!
weekend travels. weekdays work.
I won't dare describing myself here today, because I know that tomorrow it might not be correct anymore...
my personal philosophies don't fit in here but I've had some thoughts about traveling :
To begin with I have to admit, that I don't agree with the general concept of traveling. The basic problem I have is that these days there is too much emphasis on the traveler. I like the emphasis to be on the local people, the country, the customs. It feels like a part of the world is adjusted to the needs of the traveler, when it should be the other way around.
If you dive into another culture, don't be a traveler, be a visitor, always aware of you being accepted by another culture for a while. Be part of the visited country. Don't be a traveler...
1. Countries and Cities are not real places with certain attributes but a state of mind.
2. When you return from your travels it will not be the architecture or infra-structure of a place that creates your opinion but rather the people you've met. Ergo: If you don't meet anyone on a trip your memory of that place will fade away faster than in the other case.
3. Bad experiences are good experiences in the end.
4. There are such things as wasted travels. You can spend a year at the other end of the world and get nothing out of it and you can spend a week 100 Miles away from where you live that changes your life.
It's up to you. You are the creator of options.
5. Do not follow a Lonely Planet advice if you want to experience something authentic
6. I rather spend a day drinking and watching a game with locals than to visit a waterfall or drinking and watching a game with other backpackers.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
only good experiences
I'm basically interested in everything. I can't think of anything that would bore me.
My passions are football, politics, history, culture, art and getting to know you, apart from beeing a party animal, that is. And football of course.
Did I mention football?
Music, Movies, and Books
Irreversible, La Haine, 21 gram, A hole in my heart, motorcycle diaries, football factory.
Beatles, Simon&Garfunkel, Cash, Elvis, Brainpool, Ordinary boys, Nephew, libertines, Sam & Dave, Sam Cooke, Isaac Hayes, Marvin Gaye, The Real O'Jays, The Marvelettes, Edwin Starr, James Brown, Al Wilson, Otis Redding, Les Poppys, Wilson Pickett, Curtis Mayfield, Isley Brothers, Jackie Wilson, a.m.m.
Houellebecq, Camus, Cioran, Goldt, Ishiguro, Asturias, Sedaris, Proust, Rushdie, Mudrooroo, Canetti.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
A Melbourne Mobster
Teach, Learn, Share
I have a lot to share and a lot of questions as well. so feel free to get in touch
Countries I’ve Visited
Belgium, Egypt, El Salvador, France, Honduras, Indonesia, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Germany, Guatemala