Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login about 2 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Christian’s full profile.
Living out of my backpack since '16.
Ask and you shall learn!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I want to understand why it is that I travel, and all that floats to my mind is traveling experientially. CS offers inimitable experiences that cannot be replicated in each hangout, each home, each conversation.
- Music. I love music. Doesn't matter the genre.
- I love to read and write
- Photography is a passion as well
- Yoga and relaxing the mind (ie. naps, but we'll call it "meditation")
- Programming & OSS
- I love to run, but that isn't very interesting
- Hiking & Trekking
- Sport Climbing
- Art & Art History
- ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE: I love having deep, intimate conversations.
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: Anything -- a typical response. If you haven't listened to Hiatus Kaiyote though, CLICK HERE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQTk4RLbbXQ & sit (or stand) in harmony and amazement.
Movies: American Beauty, Samsara, Spirited Away and Her. Not too heavy on watching movies, as much as I am a reader, though, I will always be down to watch an episode of Rick and Morty or Community.
I am a voracious reader, so to choose a favorite is blasphemous to the interminable list of great writers and poets. To name but a few:
Henry Miller, Sylvia Plath, George Orwell, Charles Bukowski, Friedrich Nietzsche, Milan Kundera, Simone de Beauvoir, Haruki Murakami, Albert Camus, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Rebecca Solnit... ++ much more
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Inhale oxygen, exhale carbon dioxide.
Teach, Learn, Share
What I can teach/share
- Deep Conversations
- Could help you with your English. I obtained my CELTA in Barcelona back in August 2016, so I semi-know what I'm talking about
- Could teach you the basics of web development
- Share stories of my travels
- Jam out on the guitar or piano
- I can take portrait photos of you with my handy-dandy camera
- How to make & maintain a fire
I love learning about the people I meet, the cities in which I lay my head, and the language which occupies the entire country and (perhaps) beyond. Also, if you know how to juggle or do card tricks, expect a ton of questions.
Countries I’ve Visited
Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Georgia, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
Serbia, Spain, United States