Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 5 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Milan’s full profile. It’s free!
*** AS (ante scriptum): I WILL BE VERY GLAD TO SHOW YOU BELGRADE ;) THAT IS, BE YOUR GUIDE FOR THE DAY, DURING YOUR VISIT ;) ***
I really like the whole spirit of old CS where you could unexpectedly bump into people who have visited 200+ countries or are on their 12-month world journey or are well-known travel bloggers/writers/journalists and are open and willing to share their experiences.
I've had great times with surfers either it was about enjoying casual conversations, partying and dancing till the morning or having an afternoon-long cultural exchange. CS has always been to me more about communication and chat than about visiting some local touristy spots.
I really like meeting people who speak excellent English and can very well articulate amazing experiences they've had and are open to share it all :)
Terrible things about me:
1. When I travel, I often don't have a good plan and am totally missing out on getting properly informed about and visiting local sightseeing gems, and I hereby beg you to remind me where I should go in order to really become amazed by your city, or simply - take me there!
2. I am horrible when it comes to choosing gifts for hosts, worst of all I can't cook (including the simplest and most typical dishes of Serbian cuisine) and I am not a master of entertainment (I don't play guitar, I don't juggle, etc.)
3. I also have inconsiderate habit of not buying tiny tourist memorabilia to remind me of my trip, so if we're hanging out together, please remind me to do some shopping
4. When I am out and about showing Belgrade to visitors, I really love to take them to impossibly long walks and restrict them to visiting cafes and restaurants, without detouring to any of the local museums or sightseeing attractions, because my idea is that you'd like to feel everyday Belgrade, therefore, you're welcome at any moment to remind me what you would really like to see in the city
5. I have been on CS since 2009, have known about it since 2006, and if you're newish CS-er, I may choke you with stories about how much greater CS used to be
All in all, I don't think I am an expert in describing myself, but luckily we have a reference section here and you can take a glimpse there ;)
And of course, here's my FB profile link: http://tinyurl.com/csptw97
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I appreciate what CS is offering - hosting possibilities, cultural exchange or mere fun through showing places to other people and local events - weekly meetings, language exchanges and other CS activities.
My CS logic has always been: Do good things for people, and it will just go around in circles and eventually come back to you :)
Plus I have a fantastic bunch of CS friends that I have been learning German language with for quite a while now
And I really think CS is a great place to make new friends :)
I am keen on meeting new people and hearing their amazing stories. As someone said long ago: No trip is complete unless you get to know the locals ;)
I really appreciate all sorts of art, especially design - it fascinates me, and I love hearing live music, especially pop tunes on classical instruments :)
- live music
- language exchange
Music, Movies, and Books
I don't watch movies very often, but I do like sci-fi and comedies, when it comes to books I've come upon many splendid and wonderfully realistic books by Irish writers, I also love biographies and non-fiction. Sometimes on TV I watch travel-related programs like Anthony Bourdain's punk-rock styled, recipes and food talk spiced travel shows :) When it comes to music, I like anything cheerful, be it classical, pop-dance-electronic or thundering guitars :)
What I Can Share with Hosts
Fun time and laughter :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Montenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In