- 100% response rate
- Last login 7 minutes ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Rob "Da CS"’s full profile.
1. Create a successful and entertaining blog that people will find useful, inspiring, and entertaining.
2. Develop a platform that brings people together and helps them find their like-minded partner in the travel world.
3. See as many countries as possible within 18 months before transitioning into a mundane life.
Keep scrolling if you are curious, interested, and/or intrigued by what else I have to say.
My actual name is Robbie Reid. However, I am going by my travel alias because I come from a place where you "go big or go home"!
Anyway, here are some quick facts about me:
1. Worked in the space industry. What world class space agency did I work for?
2. Selected films for an international film festival. Which film festival was it?
3. Taught people how to dance bachata in South America? Where did I teach bachata in?
And not to forget, here is a quick description about my personality
1. Have an ENTP personality (for all the MBTI enthusiasts)
2. Have a High I personality (for all the DISC enthusiasts)
3. Extroverted, Honest and Open
4. Direct and Driven
5. Super laid back! Go with the flow! Sometimes indecisive!
"Make them never say no..." AIESEC
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Short story, I joined Couchsurfing 10 years ago (April 2010 :)) because of a bummy, carefree backpacker I met in Bangkok. Though he has retired from the community, this has become a huge part of my world because of him. When I moved back to Cleveland after being forced out of Australia, I was brought into the world of Couchsurfing by the local ambassador. Though she is no longer a part of Couchsurfing, she showed me that Couchsurfing is more than finding a place to stay but creating friendships across the world that last a lifetime.
Now, I use the platform for these reasons:
1. To travel and form friendships with people all around the world.
2. To eliminate harmful stereotypes about the Descendants of American Slaves (aka black Americans descended from slaves).
3. To show people how Couchsurfing really is.
4. To introduce people to my brand.
I hosted around 20 individuals who were brave (or crazy) enough to visit Cleveland since I have been hosting people
I will say that I have surfed with a couple of people. Only because I have to travel to meet interesting people around the world because very few people want to come to Cleveland. :(
I have attended different CS meetups in the following cities:
4. Raleigh, NC
5. Washington, D.C.
6. Boulder, CO
7. New York City
9. Kuala Lumpur
14 . Melbourne
1. Building my brand.
2. Creating my blog and website.
3. Watching films.
4. Understanding people's cultures and customs (ethnography)
5. Studying languages.
6. Cooking great food - Soul food, Cajun food, vegetarian, and South Asian food
7. Dancing - Bachata and salsa
8. Board Games
9. Cats - best creature on Earth
10. Doing anything related to business
- happy hour
- board games
Music, Movies, and Books
1. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony (Cleveland)
2. Kid Cudi (Cleveland)
3. Marilyn Manson
4. Sofi Marinova (Bulgarian chalga)
5. Cem Adrian (Turkish singer)
1. The Deadlands (Maori)
2. Hobo with a Shotgun (Grindhouse)
3. Any and ever Iko Uwais film
4. The Witch (Korean)
5. He Got Game
1. The Assassination of the Black Male Image
2. How to Travel the World on $50 a Day
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Here are some amazing things that I have done:
1. Met Marilyn Manson in person.
2. Walked 13 miles through Bangkok during a riot.
3. Won a video game tournament in Sydney while very intoxicated.
4. Selected as the very last person (out of 6,000) to participate in NOMAD Academy's 2019 LATAM class.
"Own What You Do" by the NOMAD Academy
Teach, Learn, Share
1. The life, history, and contributions of the Descendants of American Slaves
2. How to improve your Spanish and/or English
3. How to figure our your personality to max out your lifestyle
4. How to dance bachata and salsa
5. How to throw sharp objects
1. Your culture, myths, and legends
2. Your languages
3. Your travel stories
4. Your food
5. The best musicians and films from your culture
Share: whatever we are comfortable with sharing with one another.
What I Can Share with Hosts
1. My insights
2. My culture
3. My cooking
4. My travel stories
5. My travel blog
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Honduras, Hong Kong, Japan, Kosovo, Macao, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Serbia, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United States, Uruguay, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Chile, Colombia, Peru, United States, Viet Nam