Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 18 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Daniele’s full profile.
My CS rules:
- I will not usually surf in your couch if you don't have references, but I will still hangout with you 🍕🍷
- I use CS for the cultural exchanges, to learn about me and the people of this world, to hangout, make friends, go for food.. If you have got "other intents", do not contact me.
- I use the chat to organize things and get to know those people I am going to meet; unfortunately I do not have time to use it just as "let's talk to a stranger in the other part of the world". I do not accept friend requests of people who I haven't met.
- If we met via CS, please leave a reference, I will too! 🙏
Hi! I'm a (covid vaccinated) Italian dude working in the UK and my difficult life mission is that of balancing my medical career with a life as a traveler, feeling nomadic, seeing as many places, and learning about as many cultures I can.
I'm a solo traveler and an insatiable street food lover.
My other passions are:
- yoga, mostly Vinyasa and Ashtanga but I like fitness in general and I do a lot of HIIT, core strength exercises, flexibility, backbends, and handstands. I travel with a yoga mat and I do at least 30 minutes of yoga during my travels as well.
- mindfulness meditation, just 10 minutes per day to reconnect my mind with my body and pay attention to how I feel.
- cinema, passionate about Stanley Kubrik, Tarantino, Clint Eastwood, Inarritu, and the odd and fascinating Korean and Japanese Cinema (Oldboy, Battle Royale, Joint Security Area, and the likes); admittedly I used to be a guru but it's been a couple of years that I lost touch with it due to work commitments, and now I'm looking to get back into that.
- football, Inter Milan fan, but not overly obsessed with it anymore.
- getting deep with discussions about the true reasons why human beings do the things they do, as they go about their life in this world.
"Life is too short to speak one language and stay in one place"
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I firmly believe that traveling is about experiencing the beauty in the places we see, but also in the genuine people we meet. With each encounter, we bring a little bit of that person with ourselves and we grow wiser and more tolerant.
By traveling we also create memories, and it is surprising to realize how the truly long-lasting ones and easier to recollect are those memories about the people we have met, rather than the things we have seen or done. Traveling is ultimately about the people, and this is why I'm on Couchsurfing.
- street food
- self improvement
- beer and wine
- local cuisine
- yoga and meditation
- local markets
- culture of different countries
- discussing ideas
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Committing for 6 years to build a career as a surgeon, waking up at 5 am almost every day to work like a madman on my CV, and then realizing my time was passing and I was not travelling enough, and not enjoying the really good things about life. So I threw my certificates and publications in the bin, to embrace a more relaxed career as a family doctor, one that will give me the flexibility to travel all over the world!
Teach, Learn, Share
I can clarify any doubts you may have about medicine, health and wellbeing, this pandemic, and the vaccines, with the limitations of the scientific evidence available and the limitations of my personal knowledge.
If you wish I can teach you Italian 🇮🇹 and also how to cook pasta the real Italian way.
I can teach you beginner yoga poses and I may be able to guide you through meditation if you are a first-timer and you are curious about it.
What I Can Share with Hosts
- the peace of mind of having a mindful guy inside your home who is self-aware of yours and his personal space, and will be out all day anyway doing stuff, but still present if you wanted to do some activities together, or a good chat and a cup of tea in the evening;
- I will most likely bring a small gift from wherever I am coming from (currently in Scotland);
- I buy more food than I can eat while I'm around so I'm most likely bringing you dinner in the evening 🌯🍕🍤;
- And even if you wanted something cooked fresh for dinner, I can cook true Italian pasta for you including the most mind-blowing carbonara you have ever tasted 🍝;
- I like intelligent discussions about life in general, but if you wanted something more amusing I can tell you funny/scary/weird stories about things that happened during my hospital shifts 🤐
Countries I’ve Visited
Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
Italy, United Kingdom