Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 1 day ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Daniel’s full profile. It’s free!
enjoy Dublin and host people
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." -Saint Augustine
I think a person needs to have a lot of influences in order to create their opinion. That's why I want to be in different surroundings with different people and different opinions and interests. Try things I never did before.
I am influenced by my surroundings, so I like to surround myself with open-minded people.
I'm very interested in exploring, travelling, meeting new people and sharing stories.
Somehow I get bored of the things I know very quickly so I chose to see a lot of different cities and countries. Last year I lived in Philadelphia for three months, this year I lived in Dresden for three months and moved to Dublin now.
I try to not judge anyone for anything but rather try to undestand and learn how people think and act. That's why I love to have as many different influences and people around me as possible and love couchsurfing.
"Great minds discuss ideas
average minds discuss events
small minds discuss people" - Roosevelt
- DonÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ¢t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey
is all about.
- DonÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ¢t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. DonÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ¢t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it wonÃÂ¢Ãâ¬Ãâ¢t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are
simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra
- Meet one new person a day
Another thing I did is to sell all of my furniture and most of my other stuff so now I only have very little things left. That's good because
"The things you own end up owning you" - Fight Club
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Sharing a house with another couchsurfer in Dublin! Prefer hosting over surfing and take part in 2 or 3 cs activities a week ;)
CS changed my life and helps me to see life from another perspective. It helps me to feel home in a city I don't know yet.
- it feels like moving forward and getting somewhere, I discover new places, make new experiences.
- hang around with the one's I love, make new friends.
- understand the people, learn how one is influenced by media, people and surroundings.
- sometimes to stay fit and healthy, other times adrenaline and fun: snowboarding, windsurfing, running, biking, inline skating, waveboarding, slacklining
- poker, hanging out in a cafe all day long, clubbing, board games, anything I don't know yet!
- board games
Music, Movies, and Books
The Boondock Saints, Inception, Fight Club, Up in the air
I like crazy movies, if they have a deep story or play in completely different worlds. dumb action movies after a long working day.
not a big fan of horror movies or the fifth part of a four part trilogy.
The Blue Van, Awolnation, Cake, Grouplove, I am arrows... small bands that have great songs!
There is the right music for any atmosphere and I spend a lot of time with finding new stuff to listen to.
To be honest I should read more books...aww... I like psychology magazines.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
visited 21 states (9.33%)Create your own visited map of The World or Brazil travel guide for Android
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you how to solve a magic cube, how to develop mobile applications and how to make a chicken out of a towel... ;)
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, Ireland, United States