Wants to Meet Up
- 16% response rate
- Last login 6 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Darek’s full profile. It’s free!
"- Niech pan powie, co pan właściwie robi w życiu? - Szukam pozytywnych wartości." (Pożegnania, 1958)
I used to have a very long CS profile back in the past, during the pre-startup times. Now, after few years of a break, when I read it, I find so many things that changed about me. It was nice getting to meet the past myself, but it will take time to fill the new profile with who I recently am. To be honest, I'm still learning that. And probably by that time I get my conclusions, I'll be a different person than now anyways.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
The "why" is always a tricky questions. I'm one of those guys who enjoyed CS so much that they overdone themselves and didn't even notice when they burnt out. I used to be a CS ambassador, party organizer and last-minute hosting addict. Damn, last-minute hosting is such a fun, actually, thought it's also very tiring.
Why am I on Couchsurfing now? I want to meet new friends and get back some of my old friends too. That's it, more or less.
Excerpt from old profile:
It was the middle of April 2011, at the concert out of my town. I've been interviewing Andy Sears of Twelfth Night and as we quickly became good friends, our talk lasted for more than three hours. At some point of the conversation, we've been discussing the overall idea of generousness. Suddenly he asked me...
- Do you help other people?
Well, of course I do.
- So tell me, how big is your flat?
- What do you think, how many people could stay there for the night?
- A lot.
- And how many actually stays at your place?
- You see? You're a hypocrite. But so am I. That's what I'm talking about. We're all fucking hypocrites if we talk about helping people. Because we think we do what we can, but we don't, even if it wouldn't cost us anything. And there are so many people in need for the place to sleep every night. Just look around.
I looked around and I realized that this night, I was one of them. So Andy took me to his friend and organized the sleeping place in a moment. Never would I think that I'll learn the meaning of his words in practice.
In less than two weeks, I've had my first guests from CouchSurfing. I entered whole new world, full of fresh experiences. The only thing I feel sorry about - I've never released that interview to the public.