Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 20 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see De Bruyn’s full profile. It’s free!
I’m just a normal guy who loves adventure. I’m very impulsive and like to make quick decision. I love change and seeing new things on a daily basis. Making new friendships and share stories with people from around the world is on top of my list. Always up for a massive challenge or try things I have not done before!
- Still have a HUGE Bucket List to tick off....
- Currently on a cycling adventure where I'll be cycling from coast to coast through all the 7 continents on our planet.
- Love sports: Kite Surfing, Surfing, Scuba Diving, Fishing, Rugby, Cricket, Cycling.. and the list can go on.
- No Regrets!
- If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
- The cave that frightens you, holds your fortune
- The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only a page.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I Hosted my first CouchSurfers the end of 2012 and I loved it so much they ended up staying at my place for over a month!
Since then I've been to Asia, Australia & Europe where I met some awesome couchsurfers on the way and made great friends.
Unfortunately I won't be able to host anyone in the next few years because of the cycling adventure we will take on... but I hope to meet hundreds of people on the way!
Hosted people back home and surfed at a few people in Asia, Australia & Europe. I love the way Couchsurfing connect people that have the same interest and mindsets in life!
Every Couchsurfing experience gives you a new perspective in life, learn about other peoples cultures and make great new friends!
- Kite Surfing
- Meeting new people
- Internet Technologies
- and most of all.... HAVING FUN AND ENJOYING LIFE!
- kite surfing
- scuba diving
- bungee jumping
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies.. Any movies except Star Wars
Music - There is a place and time for any type of music!!
Books - Well... I’m trying to read a bit of everything at the moment
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Snorkelling in the middle of the sea with thousand of fish and Sharks beneath us (no cage) in Mozambique!
- Roof Surfing on a Tuk Tuk in Laos
- Breaking my hand in Vietnam where no doctor could speak English and we had to use google translate to communicate... O.... And it did not work!
- Backpacking through South East Asia
- Europe Trip
- Worlds highest Commercial Bungee Jump
- Laying in a hammock for days at 4000 Island in Laos
- Watched F1 in Shanghai
................................... currently taking on my biggest adventure to date... Cycling Around 7 Continents!! If we complete this it will be a world first
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you any words i my home language Afrikaans.... and I'll translate it correctly.... or most of the times ;)
I love to talk discuss and explain what I and others experience in countries they travel through... We won't be talking on how beautiful the Eiffel Tower was! I like to talk about cultures, things you discovered in countries I won't now about and what the people are like! Crazy stories are the ones people remember!
Countries I’ve Visited
Albania, Australia, Austria, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Monaco, Mongolia, Mozambique, Netherlands, Philippines, Qatar, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
South Africa, United Kingdom