N'accepte pas d'invités
- Dernière connexion il y a 8 months
Rejoignez Couchsurfing pour consulter l'intégralité du profil de Bruno. L'inscription est gratuite !
Hi there! I'm Bruno. I spend my time between my bicycle, my kayak, my family, my girlfriend and a super coworking space, where I'm freelancing on different contracts in sustainability, translation, business projects and social issues. My next trip is in Ecuador this October, to attend UN Habitat III conference, surf, improve my spanish conversation and visit some family in Cuenca.
I live and grew up in Quebec, Canada's french speaking province. Je parle donc français! I now live in Montreal since 10 years. Montreal is an animated 1.5 million people city where there is a lot to see and live, especially in terms of culture. Lot of outdoors also outside of town, for which I can give you the BEST advice ever.
I'm a passionate traveller, a seeker of truth, joy and freedom. I'm part of those who believe a "bon voyage", as well as a good life, is not about "where" you go or "what" you see and do, but mostly about "how" you live it and "who" you meet during your journey. CouchSurfing touches something at the core of my values and I try to practice hospitality as an Art, nothing less, and to help people have the greatest stay possible at my place and the most untouristified travelling experience in my country, province and city. I'm so happy that CouchSurfing exists. This is an abundant source of opportunities. It nurtures the good side of life and I keep meeting exceptional people.
MORE ABOUT ME: I'm a fun and high energy individual. I love to discuss, to listen, to make people laugh and feel good. Among a lot of things, I especially enjoy outdoor trips of all types. I am open minded, generous, curious about other cultures and people ways of thinking and living. I'm a socially engaged citizen, trying to make the world a better and greener place, one thing at a time. My academic background is in sociology, but throughout the years, I've worked in a bunch of different things, from tourism and human rights to architecture and journalism. These days, I'm doing some freelance stuff, after 4 years in sustainability advocacy.
Pourquoi je suis sur Couchsurfing
To host, be hosted and give advice.
AT MY PLACE: Depending if I am busy or not, it will be a pleasure to host you, enjoy a drink and chat somewhere, or simply giving you advice via email if you need.
AT YOURS: When hosted, I participate in helping with the dishes or anything needed to be done. And why not giving you a hand doing manual jobs or repairing broken stuff at your place if you need? I'm a handyman, I can help!
**ALWAYS**: When I host or am hosted, I participe by making this a non-constraining, fun and stress-free experience based on autonomy, mutual trust, respect, friendship and clear communication, and I appreciate when my hosts or guests share much of that philosophy.
PAST EXPERIENCE: I couchsurfed in each backpacking trip I did since 2001, most of the time at friends of friends' places or with locals I met in my journeys. Until 2009, I surfed and hosted also many times via Hospitality Club (a similar site). And I permanently switched to couchsurfing.com in 2009 and since I use it a lot.
I've started to be really into SURF since summer 2014. I think I have always been a "repressed beach boy", so now I feel a big urge to embrace the ocean and dance with the waves wherever I go!
I love photography. But broke my dearest camera recently...
Listing stuff is trendy these days, so here is a list for the rest of my interests: international politics, urban design; social sciences and philosophy, spiritual stuff and life coaching, canoe, camping, travelling, biking, hiking and so on, reading, writing, shows, dance, pubs.
- human rights
- outdoor activities
- social science
Morceaux de musique, films et livres
- L'auberge espagnole, Contact, The Mission, The Game, Captain Fantastic...
- Arcade Fire, Pat Watson, The National, U2, Lhassa, French Canadian singers...
- St-Exupéry, Alexandre Dumas, Alessandro Barrico, Herman Hesse...
Une aventure extraordinaire que j'ai vécue
We'll talk, I'll tell you what I lived, you'll judge what amazes you. But these things were for sure amazing to me :
- All those amazingly true, generous and unforgettable people who hosted me, gave me a lift while hitchhiking or pulled me out of trouble in all my journeys, always treating me like their own brother or son.
- Overnight camping in the Sahara, with sunset, starry sky and sunrise
- 10 day paddling trip in canoe on the St-Laurent river, from Montreal to Quebec city, in a group of 50 people from everywhere
- A month long research and stay among the Jains of India
- A memorable collective music jam with improvised drums one night during the Quebec rainbow gathering 2004
Enseignez, apprenez, partagez
- Your way to happiness.
- Recipes, musics or movies you like?
- Techniques you master?
- Your country's culture and history?
- Most incredible life or travelling stories you heard or experienced?
- How to transform a beer can into an artistic ashtray
- How to make the most tastful and traditional chai (Indian tea)
- Wild Quebec mushrooms hunting... yummy!
- French langage + Quebec dialect
Pays que j'ai visités
Andorra, Belgium, Canada, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, India, Laos, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, United States
Pays dans lesquels j'ai vécu