Maybe Accepting Guests
- 95% response rate
- Last login 13 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Bruno’s full profile. It’s free!
Promoting freedom and changing the world.
ME IN A NUTSHELL:
I'm a passionate traveller, a seeker of truth, joy and freedom. I'm part of those who believe a "bon voyage", as well as a good life, is not about "where" you go or "what" you see and do, but about "how" you live it and "who" you meet during your journey. CouchSurfing touches something at the core of my values and I try to practice hospitality as an Art, nothing less. So if I am home when you come around, I'll be there to help you have the BEST stay at my place and the most untouristified travelling experience in my country, province and city!
MY AVAILABILITY RIGHT NOW:
It's Summer, high touristic season, and I receive a load of couch requests and messages a week. So please, don't be disappointed if you don't hear back quickly from me. I try to follow up on every one, but given limited time plus my own vacations, I will only be able to accept a handful of them, especially those who do not mix couch surfing hospitality with hotel services.
MORE ABOUT ME:
I'm a fun and high energy individual. I love to talk, to listen, to make people laugh and feel good. Among a lot of things, I especially enjoy outdoor trips of all types. I am open minded, genuinely generous, curious about other cultures and people ways of thinking and living. I'm a socially engaged citizen, trying to make the world a better and greener place, one thing at a time. My academic background is in sociology, but throughout the years, I've working in a bunch of different things, from tourism to human rights and architecture. These days, I'm doing some translation and other freelance stuff, but I'm mostly taking rest after 4 years as a sustainability advocacy leader. Work has been especially rational and serious these past few months, so now I try give to give more space to fun, arts, creativity, rest and letting go in my life.
I live and grew up in Quebec, Canada's french speaking province. Je parle Français! I live since 10 years in Montreal, a charming and animated 1.5 million people city where there is a lot to see and live, especially in terms of culture. Lot of outdoors also outside of town, for which I can give you the BEST advice ever.
Peace and "bon voyage" to all of you fellow hosts and travellers!
RANDOM QUOTES I LOVE:
- There are only 2 ways of choosing and living: with fear, or with love.
- Live as if each of your actions was your last battle on Earth.
- We must be a bit similar to understand one each other, but a bit different to love one each other.
- What does not kill him, makes him stronger.
- The most completely wasted of all days is that in which we have not laughed.
- Enjoy and make others enjoy, without doing any harm to anyone or to yourself, that is the whole of morality.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I'M HERE TO: Surf, host, advise, guide in town or simply share a drink, a talk or a meal with you. I'm so happy that CouchSurfing exists. This is an abundant source of opportunities. It nurtures the good side of life and I keep meeting exceptional people.
ALWAYS: When I host or am hosted, I participe by making this a non-constraining, fun and stress-free experience based on autonomy, mutual trust, respect, friendship and clear communication, and I appreciate when my hosts or guests share much of that philosophy.
AT MY PLACE: Ready to do my very best to help anyone arriving, visiting or passing through Montreal. Depending if I am busy or not, it will be a pleasure to host you guys, enjoy a drink and chat somewhere, or simply giving you advice via email if you need.
AT YOURS: When hosted, I participate in helping with the dishes or anything needed to be done. And, being quite handy, why not giving you a hand doing manual jobs or repairing broken stuff at your place if you need?
PAST EXPERIENCE: I couchsurfed in each backpacking trip I did since 2001, most of the time at friends of friends' places or with locals I met in my journeys. Until 2009, I surfed and hosted also many times via Hospitality Club (a similar site). And I permanently switched to CS.com in 2009 and since I use it a lot.
I've started to be really into SURF since summer 2014. I think I have always been a "repressed beach boy", so now I feel a big urge to embrace the ocean and dance with the waves wherever I go!
Discovered PHOTOGRAPHY in 2012 and it changes the way one looks at the world. But my camera is broken! :(
Listing stuff is trendy these days, so here is mine for the rest of my interests: international politics ; sustainability, design and green building ; social sciences and philosophy ; therapeutic, spiritual stuff and life coaching ; canoe, camping, travelling, biking, hiking and so on ; discussing, listening, reading, writing ; shows, pubs, meeting people...
Music, Movies, and Books
- L'auberge espagnole, Contact, The Mission, The Game...
- Arcade Fire, Pat Watson, The National, U2, Lhassa, French Canadian singers...
- St-Exupéry, Alexandre Dumas, Alessandro Barrico...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
We'll talk, I'll tell you what I lived, you'll judge what amazes you. But these things were for sure amazing to me :
- All those amazingly true, generous and unforgettable people who hosted me, gave me a lift while hitchhiking or pulled me out of trouble in all my journeys, always treating me like their own brother or son.
- Overnight in the Sahara, with sunset, starry sky and sunrise
- 10 day paddling trip in canoe on the St-Laurent river, from Montreal to Quebec city, in a group of 50 people from everywhere
- A month long research and stay among the Jains of India
- The slums of the third world and the will to live of their inhabitants
- A memorable collective music jam with improvised drums one night during the Quebec rainbow gathering 2004
Teach, Learn, Share
- Your way to happiness.
- Recipes you like?
- Techniques you master?
- Your country's culture and history?
- Most incredible life or travelling stories you heard or experienced?
- How to transform a beer can into an artistic ashtray
- How to make the most tastful and traditional chai (Indian tea)
- Wild Quebec mushrooms hunting... yummy!
- French langage + Quebec dialect
What I Can Share with Hosts
Depends on what you need. Business startup crash coaching session? Maple sirup? Or maybe repairing something broken at your place? If you need, I've been told I'm also good at repairing broken hearts, ;)
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Belgium, Canada, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, France, India, Laos, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In