- 100% response rate
- Last login about 9 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Desrinda’s full profile. It’s free!
I am full-time mom because being a mother is 24/7/365 job (I cannot escape or resign from that). I have no maid since June 2016, means very busy cooking, house cleaning, laundry and ironing etc all by myself.
I am part-time engineer because my job requires me to be in office only from Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm.
MY TRAVEL NOTES: https://perjalananbunda.wordpress.com/
I always like to travel, here is the list of places where I lived/visited in Indonesia.
- Sumatra Island: Jambi, Palembang, Baturaja, Muara Enim, Lampung, Belitung, Medan.
- Java Island: Jakarta and Thousand Islands, Anyer-Banten, Depok, Bogor, Bandung-Lembang-Sumedang, Subang-Purwakarta, Sukabumi-Pangandaran, Purwokerto, Magelang-Yogyakarta-Solo, Semarang-Salatiga, Ngawi, Nganjuk, Madiun, Malang, Surabaya, Kediri.
- Bali Island.
- Lombok Island: Hiked Mount Rinjani, got around Mataram and The Gilis.
- Sumbawa Island: Hiked Mount Tambora, visited Bima (Lakey Beach was awesome!)
- Sulawesi Island: Makassar and some nearby islands.
This beautiful country of mine actually has 17,508 islands, means there are too many places that I haven't visited (and I must visit) someday. Next trip should be going to Kalimantan Island, Komodo Island, Maluku Island, Papua Island, insya Allah.
Success is never final, failure is never fatal.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Well, initially for "sharing" spirit.
I have hosted:
- Marlina, David, Hugo, Wida, Dewi, Atep (Indonesian)
- Alejandra (Spanish)
- Yanshan Lin (Chinese)
- Mahdieh, Komeil, Masoud, Mostafa, Bita (Iranian)
- Sami (Spanish) and Mark (British)
- Rita and Dom (Lithuanian)
- Mitja and Eni (Slovenian)
- Claire and Adrien (French)
- Annie (Korean)
- Lahcen (Moroccan)
- Thuy Ha (Vietnamese)
- Julia (German)
My great thanks for these awesome people who gave me priviledge of being guest:
- Markie, Kencana (in Australia)
- Sifa, Masoud, Mahsa, Samaneh, Mahdieh (in Iran)
- Zahra, Mahdi (in Afghanistan)
- Nanang (in Turkiye)
- Mr. Jaisingh, he helped me although I didnt stay with him (in India)
- members of CouchSurfing who welcomed me to join their local events in Australia (Sydney and Melbourne), China (Guangzhou), Turkiye (Istanbul) and of course here in Indonesia (Jakarta, Bogor, Bali, Makassar)
However, things changed. Lately some members are just being free loaders, no such idea of "hospitality exchange", don't care about local culture (even not about their host), and they would not host anyone at their own place...yet they would expect to have full service like staying in hotel with fully guided city tour (later leave nothing but garbage behind).
But let's see...I still believe that some CSers are kind and grateful travelers, the ones who will come to be friends.
PS. I always decline copied-pasted couch request from couchsurfers (usually newbie) who randomly sent same messages to many members without reading profiles.
I want to be a writer, wish that someday there will be someone who's willing to pay me to do nothing other than writing.
I like outdoor activity (mountaineering, water sport etc) but cant do it as often as I want then I make time to go to gym at least 3x every week.
Music, Movies, and Books
My favourite movies are "Terminator Salvation" and "Avatar" (because of Sam Worthington), also Bourne trilogy (I believe in conspiracy theories).
My music is POP...I know, sounds cheap, but Spice Girls never die!
I like any books written by Agatha Christie, Sydney Sheldon, Dan Brown...sometimes Barbara Cartland (whenever I feel mellow).
My favourite music clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3O7jPPDprI
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Travel duo with my son is always amazing thing to do. At age 12 years old, now he's an avid traveler and a charming travelmate. He taught me to see things from a kid's eyes, then world seemed much more beautiful and fun.
Teach, Learn, Share
I love cooking! Let's teach, learn, share our each other's recipe.
Countries I’ve Visited
Afghanistan, Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey
Countries I’ve Lived In