Wants to Meet Up
- 100% response rate
- Last login about 22 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Desrinda’s full profile. It’s free!
I am full-time mom because being a mother is 24/7/365 job (I cannot escape or resign from that). I have no maid since June 2016, means very busy cooking, house cleaning, laundry and ironing etc all by myself.
I am part-time engineer because my job requires me to be in office only from Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm.
If you want to have quick view about Jakarta then please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKRlchrOWNc
MY TRAVEL NOTES: https://perjalananbunda.wordpress.com/
I always like to travel, here is the list of places where I lived/visited in Indonesia.
- Sumatra Island: Jambi, Palembang, Baturaja, Muara Enim, Lampung, Belitung, Medan.
- Java and Madura Island: Jakarta and Thousand Islands, Anyer, Banten, Depok, Bogor, Subang, Purwakarta, Bandung, Lembang, Sumedang, Sukabumi, Pangandaran, Purwokerto, Magelang, Yogyakarta, Solo, Semarang, Salatiga, Demak, Kudus, Tuban, Lamongan, Ngawi, Nganjuk, Madiun, Malang, Gresik, Surabaya, Kediri, Bangkalan.
- Bali Island.
- Lombok Island: Hiked Mount Rinjani, got around Mataram and The Gilis.
- Sumbawa Island: Hiked Mount Tambora, visited Bima (Lakey Beach was awesome!)
- Sulawesi Island: Makassar and some nearby islands.
This beautiful country of mine actually has 17,508 islands, means there are too many places that I haven't visited (and I must visit someday). Next trip should be going to Kalimantan Island, Komodo Island, Maluku Island, Papua Island, insya Allah.
Success is never final, failure is never fatal.
MY OLD CS PROFILE PAGE (just for my keepsake)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Well, initially for "sharing" spirit.
I have hosted:
- Marlina, David, Hugo, Wida, Dewi, Atep, Rifai (Indonesian)
- Sarang (India)
- Alejandra (Spanish)
- Yanshan Lin (Chinese)
- Kamarul (Malaysian)
- Mahdieh, Komeil, Masoud, Mostafa, Bita (Iranian)
- Sami (Spanish) and Mark (British)
- Nic (Argentinian)
- Mitja and Eni (Slovenian)
- Fawaz (Lebanese)
- Luis and Maru (Argentinian)
- Rita and Dom (Lithuanian)
- Claire and Adrien (French)
- Annie (Korean)
- Lahcen (Moroccan)
- Thuy Ha (Vietnamese)
- Melissa (Mexican) and Tibaud (French)
- Julia (German)
- Antonin (Czech)
My great thanks for these awesome people who gave me priviledge of being guest:
- Markie, Kencana (in Australia)
- Sifa, Masoud, Mahsa, Samaneh, Mahdieh (in Iran)
- Zahra, Mahdi (in Afghanistan)
- Nanang (in Turkiye)
- Mr. Jaisingh, he helped me although I didnt stay with him (in India)
- members of CouchSurfing who welcomed me to join their local events in Australia (Sydney and Melbourne), China (Guangzhou), Turkiye (Istanbul) and of course here in Indonesia (Jakarta, Bogor, Bali, Makassar)
During my road trip around Java Island (December 2016-January 2017), then I took my son to experience couchsurfing as guest, very grateful for Yoga (in Surabaya), Yudha (in Kudus), Sella (in Semarang) who welcomed us in their house. Looking forward to pay your kindness back, guys.
However, things changed. Lately some members are just being free loaders, no such idea of "hospitality exchange", don't care about local culture (even not about their host), and they would not host anyone at their own place...yet they would expect to have full service like staying in hotel with fully guided city tour (later leave nothing but garbage behind).
But let's see...I still believe that some CSers are kind and grateful travelers, the ones who will come to be friends.
PS. I always decline copied-pasted couch request from couchsurfers (usually newbie) who randomly sent same messages to many members without reading profiles.
I want to be a writer, wish that someday there will be someone who's willing to pay me to do nothing other than writing.
I like outdoor activity (mountaineering, water sport etc) although lately cant do it as often as I want.
And I'm a foodie who love cooking. If you're missing bread from your home country (be it anything like naan, chapatti, paratha, roti, pizza, croissant, baguette etc) then I'd love to mix some flours then bake something for you.
Music, Movies, and Books
My favourite movies are "Terminator Salvation" and "Avatar" (because of Sam Worthington), also Bourne tetralogy (I believe in conspiracy theories).
My music is POP...I know, sounds cheap, but Spice Girls never die!
I like any books written by Agatha Christie, Sydney Sheldon, Dan Brown...sometimes Barbara Cartland (whenever I feel mellow).
My favourite music clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3O7jPPDprI
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Travel duo with my son (speaks good English and a little Arabic) is always amazing thing to do. At age 13 years old, now he's an avid traveler and a charming travelmate. He taught me to see things from a kid's eyes, then world seemed much more beautiful and fun.
Teach, Learn, Share
I love cooking! Let's teach, learn, share our each other's recipe.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Something ethnic or traditional handcraft from Indonesia, and I would love to cook some Indonesian dishes if my host would let me use the kitchen.
Countries I’ve Visited
Afghanistan, Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey
Countries I’ve Lived In