- Last login about 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see dvk’s full profile. It’s free!
All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.
Sanguine. Engineer, technologist, thiker. Out of the box idea creator , eXtreme adventure junkie,
soccer player, surfboarder, scuba diver.
Music .love life. sun. sand. beaches. surf. water. underwater. tan. bags. move. next place.
This has been life to me. I wish i could agree to living by this book called " The Four Hour Work Week". Practicality. NOT !
I have a lot on my plate, but my goal is to experience as much as I can in whatever time I have.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I have been a propogator of the good word. I have ever since been on this webiste, i have advised people straight in that this is the best way to travel as this helps build connect with locals and we also get to stay with them, and in return host them at our spots so that we exchange culture, goodwill, free spirits and thoughts.
This project definitely helps build oneself, others and the world as a single entity on the whole.
Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it. This makes world a PLACE to live in and makes a man a MAN !!
Rugby. Surfing. Scuba Diving. Basketball. Soccer. Entrepreneur. Microlight Jet Flier.
Music, Movies, and Books
Dubstep to Drum and Bass, Classic Rock to Rock n Roll, House to Progressive, Electro to Electronica, Pop to Rap, in short, in it all.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
there absolutely can be no experience that comes close to travelling MONGOLIA. This definitely has "TO BE PLACE" in the world. staying in yurts, milking of a yak, travelling by horses lived et all.. everything else in the world now feels "ARTIFICIAL"
Teach, Learn, Share
I travel extensively on work, but thereabouts I find time to unwind myself
All that travel has thought me for the last few years, I have been thinking of writing it up to share how wonderful an experience it is to travel, meet people, understand cultures, learn languages, eat local food the experiences et all.
I wouldn’t have you read a long note here. It’s just sort of quotes to live by, I think.
Travelling is a great way to not only see the world but experience it too. You can never truly know what a country is like until you have smelt the air, spoken to the people and tasted the food. Seeing the seven wonders of the world on a holiday site is more like a taste of the real thing, much like playing POKER it is fun, yet is a smaller, sample version of visiting a real casino. There are always a few mottos that keep you going in life, and they differ depending on each person’s point of view. And whats written down is my experiences , my point of view and my angle at LIFE changes when TRAVEL creeps in
Here are some random life lessons I have learned while traveling:
1. There are GOOD PEOPLE everywhere – in every race, in every culture and in every city.
2. Things are not always going to TURN OUT as PLANNED. Sometimes, it turns out even better!
3. DO what you LOVE – and LOVE what you DO.
4. Step OUTSIDE of your COMFORT ZONE.
5. Traveling is about experiences, not things.
It is about experiencing new things you may never experience again in your life, having adventures and meeting people and enjoying your existence. It’s all about collecting memories, not objects.
6. To make friends, you must do most of the TALKing in the BEGINNING and then LATER, do a lot of LISTENing.
7. There are ALWAYS CHALLENGES in life no matter what your position is. It’s all ABOUT your OUTLOOK to life.
8. Many of us are experiencing the same thing but interpreting it differently.
Those who can INTERPRET and EXPLAIN their experience in the SIMPLEst language possible will of course GATHER a CROWD.
9. You do not need more than one bag full of possessions to live a nice and fulfilled life.
10. There is NO RIGHT or WRONG course in life.
Things happen for a reason. It’s all about you. Do not let anyone tell you that the path you have taken or are taking is wrong – if you are happy on the path you have chosen, then why is it wrong? And this explains reason as to why I more often than not, travel alone .
11. You can do or ACHIEVE ANYTHING you want in life. It is just going to take some WORK.
12. Life isn’t so hard even without a car. Also, you can be genuinely HAPPY even WITHOUT EXPENSIVE POSSESSIONS..
13. Money is actually NOT the root of all evil. The desire of money for NOTHING is the root of evil.
14. Sometimes, you just need a NAP.
Traveling can be exhausting, especially if you are excited to do lots of stuff in a day and you are trying to enjoy the last few days of your vacation. Take a nap, and do not worry, because the world will still be there for you when you wake up.
15. No matter how often you travel, home is still the best for comforts and love, but while travelling finding love is and was never a problem. Tread the path. You will love it.
Travel is an adventure – a transformation. It is energizing, exhausting, exciting and terrifying all at the same time. I may love all the rare and mixed emotions it brings, but sometimes, the best part of it is coming home – back to my own bed, my cuddly dog, my ever fighting sister, my dear friends, my dad who has been a pillar of strength and at times a poison on my nerve, my mom who has been nothing short of blessing to womankind, my everloving grandparents. These are things that I would come back HOME to! Else I would love to be a wanderer on face earth.
And they say that knowledge has no boundaries, no deadlocks and no roadblocks. So hoping to learn more in years to come !
Countries I’ve Visited
Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Germany, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Philippines, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, India, South Korea