Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 7 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Du’s full profile. It’s free!
Experience something different and learn about the traveling community.
I'm trustworthy, honest, I have a good heart, will always try to keep my promises, very open minded, funny, and a little crazy with sports.
Love with all your heart.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I like making new friends from all over the world, one day I will visit them and they can visit me as well.
Hosted 2 German students and took them around San Francisco. Went to Paris and stayed with several hosts and hung out with many couchsurfers.
Travel, meet like-minded people, laugh, enjoy music, food, other cultures, play guitar, piano, soccer, snowboarding, search for meaning in life, find love and happyness.
Music, Movies, and Books
Alicia Keys. MySassyGirl. A Farewell To Arms.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Making it to UCSF for dental school after all these years.
Teach, Learn, Share
How to make coconut shrimp with sweet chili mayo:
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
• 1 teaspoon chili-garlic hot sauce (optional)
• 1 pound tail-on shrimp, shelled but leave tail on
• 1/2 cup all purpose flour
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons coconut milk (or regular milk)
• Salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup Japanese panko bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
• Oil, for frying
1) In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce and the chili-garlic hot sauce (optional). Set aside.
2) With a paring knife, slice down deep at the middle of the back of the shrimp, but do not cut all the way through. Discard the black vein/tract.
3) Set three shallow bowls side by side. Place flour in the first bowl; whisk the egg and coconut milk in the second; and combine the panko and coconut flakes in the third.
4) Heat 2 inches of oil in a sauté pan over moderate heat until thermometer registers 350°F.
5) As the oil is heating, bread the shrimp by dipping the shrimp on both sides in the flour and shaking excess off. Next dip in the egg/coconut milk mixture and then in the panko/coconut flakes, patting to ensure the coating sticks well.
6) Fry the shrimp in small batches for 2-3 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Serve with Sweet Chili Mayo for dipping.
Countries I’ve Visited
Brazil, Canada, France, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
United States, Viet Nam