Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login almost 5 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Dave’s full profile. It’s free!
Wouldn't it be great if we could live suddenly as often as we can die suddenly?
How I view Couchsurfing just so happens to be very similar to how I view life as a whole. When I'm couchsurfing I'm talking and connecting with people, and when I'm not couchsurfing I'm doing the same. All of life is essentially couchsurfing to me.
Couchsurfing just so happens to be a convenient and free alternative for when a person is traveling, but why hasn't it always been this way? I remember thinking to myself at a young age, "Why don't people go to a neighbor's house if they have to use the bathroom?" What my naive mind was questioning back then was: Why are people reluctant to seek their neighbors when they are in need? Why are we afraid to sit in that extra empty seat on the bus next to someone we don't know? Couchsurfing is one of several recent phenomena in modern society that is progressing to a point of more interconnectedness between people. Whether or not this coincides with greater violence and dissonance in our societies, it should not overshadow the fact that humanity on the whole is progressing to a point of greater openness with one another.
As this planet's collective people are becoming more connected, I find myself becoming attracted to beautiful opportunities such as Couch Surfing.
I like being around people who see that concepts of any sort are necessary for human cognition, but are relative to such an extent that they can be continually re-evaluated, re-investigated, and re-enlightened.
Though I tend to be around a "new agey" sort of crowd, I find myself gravitating towards people who aren't pissed off by "the system". I'd love to get deep with you on those shenanigans.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Ask me about Surf the Falls 2011 and 2012!!!
I think couch crashes are a great way for couch surfers to come together and open our minds to our underlying humanistic traits. Not to mention couch crashes are a blast! If you don't know what a couch crash is, send me a message!
- Surf the Falls 2011 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/67201816@N06/sets/72157627476367667/ for pics
- Detroit Couch Crash 2011
- Couch surfing while in Michigan and Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- I currently host loads of surfers in Buffalo, NY
I honestly and sincerely like to sit back and talk. I want to hear everything you have to say... and if I am unfamiliar with what you are talking about, be ready for questions so that I can open my mind to your experiences. I love to learn, and I love to share.
Particular topics that you might receive some especially interesting tidbits include:
- Philosophy and spirituality
- Urban exploring
- Bonding with strangers about strange things
- Yogic lifestyle
- Banana runts
- Collecting decks of cards from around the world
- Video games
- Model building
- Classical music
- Couchsurfing philosophizing
- video games
- classical music
Music, Movies, and Books
- I am an avid South Park fan
- I am an avid classical music fan
- I enjoy reading religion/philosophy literature, especially of Eastern cultures
- I am currently teaching myself guitar
- If you *didn't* think The Happening by M. Night Shyamalan was stupid, then I will probably like you and we will have good conversation
- I'm proficient at most instruments; I enjoy playing guitar, piano, clarinet, french horn, saxophone, trumpet, and percussion the most. I would like to learn more ethnic instruments.
- I like to learn about the history of rock and popular music... generationally, socially, musically
- I have a lot of interest and respect for the music in video games
- I love Steely Dan, Deerhoof, I Was a Cub Scout, Foo Fighters, Yes, Lincoln Park, Tally Hall, Swyverne, System of a Down, Barenaked Ladies, Sufjan Stevens, Thrice, Youngblood Brass Band, Dubstep
- Classical music is what I love to play, listen to, and talk about the most. I have so much crammed in my head about classical music that it's a little crazy.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Relief effort in New Orleans after 2005 hurricanes.
Countries I’ve Visited
Countries I’ve Lived In