- Wskaźnik odpowiedzi: 100%
- Ostatnie logowanie about 5 hours temu
Aby zobaczyć pełny profil użytkownika David, dołącz do Couchsurfing. To nic nie kosztuje!
To make a difference in the world through the social services
I am originally from Memphis, TN and have spent two years in Chicago, three years in the central Philippines working as a Peace Corps Volunteer, I worked in Australia, traveled around South East Asia, and have lived for seven years in the Portland area. I am here because this is a place that I love. I am an a fool for the outdoors and am a rafting guide as well. I also enjoy traveling the coast and watching the surf roll in.
Who I am in one sentence: I am a NPR listening, Southern born, outdoor loving, God fearing, travel crazed, center-left leaning, food loving, adventure seeking, risk taking, football following, foreign policy wonk, science loving kind of guy! There is a lot more to me than that, but it is a start.
Things that I take very seriously are (with a little more detail):
-My relationships with others: It does not matter if you are just a friend or something more. I value a person's time and effort that they put into a friendship and I always return the effort.
-Social Justice: After working and living in Chicago social justice became a part of what makes me "me." I believe in the rights of all and strive to be a part of the solution rather than the problem. I am still searching for an outlet to express this in Portland, but as of late my church is starting to provide the right avenues so stay tuned.
-I love the outdoors: I moved to Oregon to become a rafting guide. From there i learned to rock climb and am now starting to learn more about snow sports such as Snow Shoeing, and some mountaineering.
-Adventure: I am not someone who just likes to sit around all the time. If someone is up for doing something then I am out the door. It could be anything from going on a hike, to swing dancing, to playing board games, or just a night out with friends. If you give me a call and I have the time, I will be there.
-My teams: I am a sports fan. I grew up watching the Buffalo Bills, although our recent history is not inspiring I still have hope for the future (my mother and father both grew up there and I have spent many summers there). I have also grown to love the Memphis Grizzles, and Portland Timbers. As for college I will always love the Memphis Tigers.
-Respect for others: I am a person who wishes to respect other people’s culture, and morals. I am not a person wishes to enforce my will on others.
-Food: I love to cook for others and not just myself if I can avoid it. I am always down for exploring other recipes and like expanding my own knowledge base.
I am a very spiritual person. I believe that i am called to do many things in my life. I am very positive person when it comes to how i view the world around me. As long as people are willing to respect who i am as a person i will in turn give them the same respect. I am a very free wheeling person but i always have a general plan. So as a whole i tend to fall in the middle when it comes to alot of my perspectives
Dlaczego jestem na Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I believe that it is a great opportunity to meet others and explore different cultures and views. I am a host at heart but it seems that many of my experiences are surfing right now.
I have done cross country travels in the US and stayed at different peoples homes for the night and up to ten. I have also stayed on in various peoples homes throughout the Philippines.
1. Philippines- Hosted Niki on Siquijor Nov 16-19 2010
2. Philippines-Traveled with Flo and Nicole for a day 11-30-09
3. Singapore-Met Nisa for a day on the town and many many other CSers at a gathering that same night. 1-3-10
4.Thailand-Dinner with some couchsurfers of many nationalities in Bankok. what an unexpected night. 1-24-10
5. Vietnam-Was Hosted by Thao in Hue, Vietnam for two days
6. Australia- Surfed for three months in Melbourne along with many CS events each week.
7. Outback Australia-surfed and had coffee with Surfers in Alice Springs
8. Philippines-Traveled with Sare Engstrand in the Philippines
9. Philippines-Was hosted by 4 couchsurfers in the Southern Philippines
10.Vietnam-Meet with different CS travelers all over Vietnam.
11. United States-Surfed in Atlanta GA for a conference
12. United States-Hosted lasted minute surfers in Memphis
13. United States-Surfed in Wichita KS
14. United States-Have become active in CS in Portland OR
15. United States- New York City- A last minute trip turned into the time of my life while being hosted by Katarina
16. Colombia - Bogota- surfed with a family for three days
17. Colombia - Cali- surfed for two nights
18. Ecuador - Quito - Met many CSers at a local hostel and surfing with a Peace Corps Volunteer for 6 days
19. Peru - Trijillo - surfed for two nights with Jesse
20. Peru - Lima - Went to a CS gathering in Miraflores
21. Ecuador- Catamayo- Ran from a landslide with Nicky
22. United Kingdom- London- Hosted by Becky
23. Spain- Seville- hosted by Alfonso and family
24. Malmo - Copenhagen - Hosted by Sara
25. Scotland - Edinburgh- Participated in ER 7
26. Hosted Lise for 4 days in Portland, OR
27. United States, Boston - Surfed with Katie
28. Hosted: Angela in Portland Oregon
29. Hosted: Tina in Portland
30. Hosted: 2 Australians for a day
31. Was hosted in Seattle
32. Was hosted in Hong Kong
-Eating new foods
-A random experience
-Looking at a good view
-Meeting new people
-Most adventure water sports
-Life in general
Muzyka, filmy i książki
reading materials- Time, National Geographic, History books, and some fiction, investigative journals.
Music- I will give anything a chance, but overall i am a singer songwriter people (Mat Kearney is my favorite choice)
Jedna niesamowita rzecz, którą zrobiłem(-am)
Swam with whale sharks
Ucz innych, ucz się sam, udostępniaj
If in anyway my experiences in life (even if painful) i would be more than happy to share those experiences with others.
Czym mogę się podzielić z gospodarzami
I can make amazing from scratch pizza!
Kraje, w których byłem(-am)
Cambodia, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, England, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Laos, Malaysia, Peru, Scotland, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, United States, Vatican City State, Viet Nam
Kraje, w których mieszkałem(-am)
Australia, Greece, Mexico, Philippines, United States