Not Accepting Guests
- Last login about 1 month ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Edel May’s full profile.
• I like spontaneous activities with just a wee bit of planning involved 😄 so I tend to keep my itinerary open and flexible
• I have a penchant for animation and the Marvel stories
• I love to drive around and just get lost in my thoughts
• Friends dubbed me an 'adrenaline junkie' after dragging them to all the extreme rides I could find at the Dubai Parks and Resorts and Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
• I work in Hospitality Sales with a focus on corporate and MICE for years now (with a background and bachelors degree in nursing) - from Hospital to Hospitality. I guess they don't sound too far apart 😂
• I'm pet-friendly in general but cats are my Achilles' heel, love the fact that they don't need a lot of attention - just good food, a warm place to cosy up to, and a well-maintained litter box for them to do their business!
They don't need anything else, not even you 🙋🏻♀️
• I get excited over things done by hand - be it art, food, even growing plants! It just gets taxing when your kitty cats eat them to baldness!
• Half of my beautiful face is filled with freckles, the other half is flawless. It's a great conversation starter!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I've learned after years of using hotels or serviced apartments during my travels, you hardly interact with the locals and learn. Yes, luxury may be there and the comfort however I feel like I've missed out on getting to know amazing people, discovering new things, and so much more.
I guess I've done enough; being so "touristy" 😎
- meeting new people
- discovering new places
- creative stuff
- dogs and cats
- travel and immerse - hate being a tourist
Music, Movies, and Books
Music - eclectic mix
Books by Paulo Coelho, Rhonda Byrne
Movies - Guardian of the Galaxy 1&2, Despicable Me series, Marvel movies, and a lot more. I go to the movies at least 3x in a month
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Won in in a bizarre but gratifying contest
- "Celebrate your flaw" via Diesel and Virgin Radio Dubai and I got it through my amazing freckles!
Won a lot of things after that too 😍
Teach, Learn, Share
I can possibly teach...
I am open to try new things.
I can share my time, its something I can never take back and is precious to me.
I can share the couch in the living room too or a foldable bed, if I'm not housing relatives, that is.
Countries I’ve Visited
Azerbaijan, Brazil, France, Georgia, Germany, Italy, Kenya, Nepal, Netherlands, Oman, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
Philippines, United Arab Emirates