Not Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login about 24 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Elena’s full profile.
My name is Elena, I'm from the beautiful south of Spain, Andalusia, but I consider the whole world my home!
I've lived for 6 months in Brisbane (Australia) with a Student Visa, where I shared apartment with people from all over the world. Then, I moved to Osaka (Japan) for 1 year with a Working Holiday Visa. I worked there as a Spanish and English teacher, a job I really enjoy. After my Working Holiday in Japan, I travelled as a backpacker around the South East of Asia: Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. In those countries many people host me or showed me around their city. I keep those memories in my heart.
I've also worked as a high school science teacher here in Spain and as a researcher in a lab, and I've travelled on my own in Croatia, Istambul, el Camino de Santiago and Chile.
I am currently volunteering in Ljiubliana, Slovenia. I would be happy to meet people there!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I can't think of life as a static, monotonous routine. I need to do different things, step out of my comfort zone and interact with people from other cultures!
On the other hand, I believe this is the best way to teach everyone the world is our one home and that diversity doesn't mean differences but richness for our lives. Thanks to everyone I meet while travelling, wherever I go, I feel home, and that's what I'd love you to feel if you stay at my place :)
Music, Movies, and Books
- Jason Mraz
- Miley Cyrus
- Pop music in general
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Love Actually
- Rupi Kaur
- Haruki Murakami
- Many more...
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Walking the Camino de Santiago francés on my own
- Quitting my job to travel 2 months in Chile! And I walked the W circuit in Torres del Paine
- Roadtripping and camping in Europe and Australia ⛺
- Cycling the Great Ocean Rd in Australia🚲
- Moving to Japan and getting my first job ever 🗾
- Having a fluent conversation with a Japanese guy in Taiwan waiting for our bus and being able to communicate fully in Japanese and understand everything 😱❤
- Seeing whales 🐋 They're amazing!
- Travelling solo in Singapore but not being alone any day! And it made my experience the best!
What I Can Share with Hosts
When I'm in Jerez:
I can show you around Jerez, teach you our Andalusian culture and make you try real local food! Tourists ignore soooo many things when they come to Spain, there's so much else to eat, see and understand!
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, Japan, Slovenia, Spain