Maybe Accepting Guests
- 30% response rate
- Last login about 6 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Eliyan’s full profile. It’s free!
Hello! My name is Eliyan Umamy. I am married to a lovely and caring man named Puji. I currently live in Lombok island, Central Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. I work at one of Islamic junior high school in West Lombok (Madrasah Alam Sayang Ibu) as Public Relations and Comms. officer. I am also a teacher for Bahasa and literacy.
I get involved in some social activities focusing on education, social issue,and environment.
I love meeting new people and make friends with them. I'd be very happy if you're interested about my island, the people and its unique culture. Come and let's share!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I love making friends with people all over the world. Learn their languages, cultures, uniqueness. One simple way to create better understanding about citizen of the world.
Community development, literacy, education, media, journalism, psychology, creative writing, blogging.
Music, Movies, and Books
I love music! Just name it :)
Novel, self-help, biography. I love books!
Inspiring movie, scifi movie, based on true story movie
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- I'm one of the founders of "Share for Care" community where group of people work together to help develop education in rural area in Lombok island. The community has been running for almost 3 years.
- One of initiators of EARTH HOUR movement in Lombok Island.
- Doing collaborative works with some organizations that bring impact to the community.
- Got a scholarship for one year to study in Pierce College in Waahington, USA
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you how to speak Bahasa Indonesia
I can teach you to eat and cook some local food
I can share about local culture and if possible get you involved into some cultural activities
I can share about Islamic religion
I'd love to learn your language and know more about your culture
Let's share and learn something from each other.
What I Can Share with Hosts
- You can join me to the school, interact with the students and gain some teaching experiences (including to some schools where I do volunteery works)
- I can take you around my village
- Trying some local foods/street food
- Interaction with locals, experiencing their daily activities
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In