Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 6 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Shawn M.’s full profile. It’s free!
Originally from rural Maryland, lived in Bangkok Thailand in 2008/9, then Baltimore City 2010-2015, Raleigh/Durham North Carolina 2015/6, Montreal for August 2016, and currently living in Carroll County, Maryland, 45-minutes NW of Baltimore city.
To be awesome, travel the world, and help others reach more of their potential.
- Personal Development Coach (Certified Master Life Coach),
- Healer (Reiki, Chakras, etc.),
- Mindfulness Meditation Facilitator,
- Certified Personal Trainer (NASM),
- Trained Mediator and Volunteer Mediator for Carroll County, Maryland (45-hour in-person training in the Inclusive Model),
- Aspiring Polyglot (Spanish, Esperanto, French, Mandarin Chinese),
- College Student (working on my bachelor's in social work and psychology),
- Pescatarian (vegetarian + seafood)/Healthy-ish eater,
- Bartended at a Craft Whiskey bar in Durham, NC for a year
"Your Perception Creates Your Reality." SMR
"You can only take one breathe at a time." SMR
"Life is too important to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Meet up and organize events with other travelers, expatriates, and open-minded individuals. Meetups include basic yoga and meditation practice, Reiki sessions, tours of the area, English practice, movies, or healthy eating practice.
Hosted in Baltimore, Maryland and with my ex-girlfriend in Bangkok. Surfed in Singapore and Denver, Colorado. Attend CS Gatherings in Bangkok and Baltimore, Maryland.
Body Awareness Meditation, Mindfulness, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Hypnosis, CBT, Escrima/Arnis, Kali, Aikdio, Systema, Poi, Parkour/Free Running, Yoga, Meditation, Taoism, Zen, Reiki, Sky Diving, Snorkeling, Internet Marketing, Traveling, Hiking, Languages.
- scuba diving
- life coach
Music, Movies, and Books
Books: Four Hour Work Week, Tao of Pooh, The Science of Getting Rich, The Power of Now.
Movies: K-PAX, The Man From Earth, Celestine Prophecy, Peaceful Warrior.
TV Shows: House of Cards, Suits, Newsroom.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Traveled; lived overseas; sky dived; motorcycle riding; drove cross-country U.S. solo; bought a one way ticket and moved cross country
Teach, Learn, Share
English conversation, Belief Change, Energy Healing, Yoga, Meditation, Travel information about SE Asia, American Culture, Travel information about the continental U.S.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Stories. Oh, the stories I have experienced...
Countries I’ve Visited
Canada, Costa Rica, Malaysia, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In
Thailand, United States