- Last login 18 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Pietro’s full profile.
I am a filmmaker, editor and photographer based in Central Scotland (even though this does not prevent me from a lot of creative wandering).
And here my website: http://fodaromovingimages.com/
I was born in the south of Italy, where I grew up until I moved to Rome to study Philosophy and Film Direction.
I lived in the overwhelmingly inspiring Italian capital for about 10 years, researching and working on creative projects; then I moved to Scotland in 2014.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
It is a great opportunity to meet people from everywhere. It is a way to experience, to imagine and to be inspired through trips that others have already done.
A chance to share my passions with others. I love it!
- film making
- film festivals
- art history
- reading books
- vegan cooking
- plant based food
- plant based diet
Music, Movies, and Books
Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Debussy, Erik Satie, Schubert, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, Queen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Bill Withers, Bob Marley, Rino Gaetano, AreA, The Police, Iron Maiden, The Cure, Arctic Monkeys, Billie Eilish etc.
- Chaplin: The Kid (1921), The Gold Rush (1925), City Lights (1931), Modern Times (1936), The Great Dictator (1940)
- Luis Buñuel: Un Chien Andalou, L'Age d'Or, Él, Nazarín, Viridiana, El ángel exterminador, Simón del desierto, Belle de jour, Tristana, Le charme discret de la bourgeoisie,
- Orson Welles: Citizen Kane, The Magnificent Ambersons, Macbeth, Othello, Touch of Evil, The Trial
- Vittorio De Sica: Sciuscià, Ladri di Biciclette, Miracolo a Milano, Umberto D
- Roberto Rossellini: Rome, Open City (1945), Paisà (1946), Germania Anno Zero, Stromboli terra di Dio (1950), Europa '51 (1952)
- Federico Fellini: I Vitelloni, La Dolce Vita, 8 1⁄2, Fellini Satyricon, Amarcord
- Jean-Luc Godard: À bout de souffle, Alphaville: une étrange aventure de Lemmy Caution, Pierrot le Fou
- Pier Paolo Pasolini: Accattone, Mamma Roma, La Ricotta, Uccellacci e Uccellini, Medea
- François Truffaut: The 400 Blows, Shoot the Piano Player, Jules and Jim, Fahrenheit 451, Day for Night
- Elio Petri: The Assassin, His Days Are Numbered, The Teacher from Vigevano, The 10th Victim, We Still Kill the Old Way, A Quiet Place in the Country, Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion, The Working Class Goes to Heaven, Property Is No Longer a Theft, Todo modo, Good News
- Robert Zemeckis: Back to the Future, Forrest Gump, Cast Away
- Monty Python's Life of Brian
- Terry Gilliam: Brazil, 12 Monkeys, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Christopher Nolan: Following (1998), Memento (2000), Insomnia (2002), Batman Begins (2005), The Prestige (2006), The Dark Knight (2008), Inception (2010), The Dark Knight Rises (2012), Interstellar (2014)
Books/Plays: Odyssey (Homer), The Aeneid by Virgil, Divine Comedy By Dante Alighieri, Othello, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Hamlet, Macbeth by William Shakespeare, 1984 by George Orwell, Demian by Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf (Der Steppenwolf) by Hermann Hesse), The Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse), Animal Farm by George Orwell, The Pearl by John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck etc.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I changed my life style for the animals (including humans).
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach Italian, how to cook a delicious vegan lasagna, how to make a film or how to use a camera (for photos or videos).
What I Can Share with Hosts
My passion for cinema, art, philosophy and photography. And also some delicious Italian dishes :-)
Countries I’ve Visited
England, France, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In