- Last login 17 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Emanuel’s full profile. It’s free!
to prolong my overwhelming happiness :D :D :D :D :D
I see myself as a guy that has a good sense of humour, a very good listener, enjoys talking about almost anything (life, culture, sports, politics, economy, love, arts, science, culture, ...). I'm inquisitive, open-minded, free-thinking, information & sports addict. I wish to meet new people from different cultures, to travel and...to travel.loves: friendship, sports (running, tennis, road cycling, swimming), travels, music, photography, science, arts, cinema ...hates: disrespect, dishonesty.
***PLEASE read my ENTIRE profile before sending a request. :) Thanks!***
"Laughter is the Best Medicine" & "Treat others as you would like to be treated (or even better)" (My Golden Rule)
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Are you near Lisbon? Just send me a message and I will show you the best places! If I am available, I may even show you the best places in Portugal outside Lisbon. Send me a msg/request!
Since I join CS community I already met many wonderful people. Before Fev 2012 I host some people in Lisbon and I surfed in Paris. During my first world-trip (Feb-May 2012) I met many many couchsurfers. I surfed in Argentina, Brazil, Puerto Rico, USA, Malaysia (where I travel with a cser who I hosted in Lisbon), Vietnam, Sri-Lanka and Jordan.
It is really an unique and amazing experience to meet locals. It is the best part of the trip.
Culture, music, sports, science, travelling, meet new people, friendship, photography, cinema, stand-up comedy, writing, ... and many more :)
- scuba diving
- track and field
Music, Movies, and Books
Music: Radiohead, Queen, Sigur Rós, AIR, Jeff Buckley, Arcade Fire, Ornatos Violeta, Carlos Paredes, Kings of Convenience, My morning Jacket, The Radio Department, Yann Tiersen...
Movies: The Schindler's List, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 500 Days of Summer, Garden State, 2 Days in Paris, El secreto de sus ojos, De Usynlige, Lost in Translation...
Books: I'm loving the "Self Comes to Mind" by António Damásio.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
In the last years I had the opportunity to do some amazing things, like doing Skydiving (2010) and ran a Marathon (2010).
Between Feb-May of 2012 I did my first around-the-world trip, where I travelled with two of my friends for 1 month (South-America) and 3 months by myself (USA, Pacific, NZ, Australia, Southeast Asia and Jordan). 17 countries, 27 flights. It was truly an amazing experience where I met a lot of people (a big part of them though CS)
Some of the highlights:
- Watch a traditional local tango show in Buenos Aires at 3am for free.
- Woods disco in Balneário. Out of this world. (Brazil)
- Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. Parades in Sambodromo included.
- Foz de Iguazu waterfalls (the biggest ones in the world)
- Angel falls in Venezuela (the highest waterfall in the world)
- Watch Conan show live in LA.
- Snorkel in Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
- 4000km in 15days in New Zealand. The best place in the world. I need a year to list all the amazing things I saw and did in NZ.
-- Swim with dolphins (NZ)
-- Walk on the glaciar (NZ)
-- 3-day track on the mountains (NZ)
-- to sleep whenever and wherever I wanted and wakeup in paradise. (NZ)
-- Amazing landscapes... mountains... lakes... green... grey... sunrise and sunset. Just perfect.
-- and so on and on...
- Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef (Cairns, Australia)
- The markets and the organized caos of Southeast Asia.
- Sunrise in Mount Butur, Bali.
- Sunrise in Gili Air, Indonesia.
- My birthday in Tioman Island (Malaysia). Peaceful. Perfect.
- My first dive in Tioman Island. Just amazing...
- Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
- 2hour trip between Ho Chi Minh and Mytho in a little bike with my little vietnamese host. Just amazing and crazy experience. (Vietnam)
- My diving license in Koh Tao, Thailand.
- Track in Wadi Mujid, Jordan, with some CSs. Truly a Indiana Jones adventure.
- 2hours track in Petra to take a photo of the treasury from above.
- A night in Wadi Rum, the desert in Jordan.
- meeting so many wonderful people during my trip.
and so much more...
but Im always looking forward to the next amazing thing :D
Teach, Learn, Share
I want to learn about different cultures. Different ways of thinking and living. Let's meet. Let's share our life experiences!
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, China, Cook Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Italy, Jordan, Latvia, Malaysia, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Poland, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In