Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 5 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Adam’s full profile. It’s free!
To visit as many countries as my age, and live the good life.
I'm a very easy going English guy, who is not very English and travels a lot. I like meeting interesting people and learning new things that I almost always forget instantly. I'm uncomplicated. I'm a full-time writer. But mainly I try to do as little as possible so I have time to enjoy myself. More about me at http://adam-fletcher.co.uk
My books (three best-sellers even, not that I'm bragging ;)
1. How to be German - http://howtobegerman.net/
2. Denglish for better knowers (with Paul Hawkins) - http://denglischforbetterknowers.com
3. Make Me German - http://amzn.to/1oL3ZjD
4. Wir können auch anders - http://amzn.to/1PnDucv
5. Klo-Philosoph - http://amzn.to/1LZEiBF
Some of my other projects/time-wastes:
I am location free. If you want to learn about making money online I'd be happy to point out a few wrong turns for you.
I don't really own anything but some nice stories. I like to talk, mostly about serious things. I'm interested in almost everything, as long as it has no definite, provable answer (for example, there's not much point trying to get me excited about Science, Math or Geography), I don't drink all that much, I don't really see the point.
When I'm in Europe, I live in Berlin. It's special.
My belief system:
- Visit as many countries as your age.
- The 80/20 rule aka Pareto Principal.
- Live life the wrong way round. Retirement comes first, work comes later, the world is for the young so waste as little of your youth working as possible.
- Anything worth doing will be hard.
You're most likely to hear me say:
"Hum, I didn't really think that through."
"That wasn't my finest hour"
"Things have a habit of sorting themselves out. It'll be fine."
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Some outstanding ones, some bad ones, nothing in between. That's the way I like it.
- Meeting new people. There's no better entertainment anywhere.
- Laughing, bantering, and having fun.
- Learning and educating myself.
- Anything to do with the Internet.
- Books, Movies, Music.
Music, Movies, and Books
The most recent book that really changed my world view is Sapiens, a brief history of humankind. It's glorious.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Oh boy, my memory is awful, the only things I remember really well are people. CS has introduced me to many great ones.
Teach, Learn, Share
I would like to learn:
- Graphic Design, humility, table manners and a cure for baldness.
I can teach:
- Writing, entrepreneurship and business stuff, marketing, blogging, wordpress, banter, chocolate eating.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, New Zealand, United Kingdom