Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 4 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Flo’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm very enthusiastic about life, love meeting new people, even if it's just for an hour, and am worryingly experimental about the food I'll eat.
Bit of a cultural mash, I'm Italian (I come equipped with much voice, hand gestures, and a deeply-rooted love for anything with mozzarella), but was born and grew up in Germany.
I'm on the lookout for a country to settle down in someday, though it's looking more and more like I will become the failure all sensible parents fear and end up country-hopping 'til they find a way to make planet-hopping a thing.
I want to give back to couchsurfing for all the great times I've had thanks to it, so if I cannot host you, I will offer to take you around my neighbourhood, or recommend places to go and things to try! I'm not quite local, but I know Kowloon quite well, and I'm becoming very good at culinary recommendations. Tell me what you like to eat, I'll point you in the right direction (and come along, if you would like some company).
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
To meet new people. Surprising, I know.
- To show people traveling to Hong Kong around the city (I'm only here for a year but quite proud of the tidbits I've picked up concerning places to go).
- To get to know locals/citizens of the places I travel to, and find places worth seeing that might not be on the maps and blogs.
- To save on hotel/hostel costs.
Food. I love food. I'm a fair cook, so I'm happy to exchange my cooking for a place to stay (I'll do the groceries and clean up after myself and everything). Also interested in
- anything concerning languages or linguistics
- seeing cities on foot, I have no qualms with long walks (or bike rides!)
- historical / cultural museums, I feel if I visit a place I ought to learn something about its history
- literature (I recently bought a kindle and have been glued to it since)
- language exchange
Music, Movies, and Books
- Neil Gaiman
- The Secret History, by Donna Tartt
- I know Harry Potter inside-out and backwards
- Roald Dahl's "Revolting Rhymes"
- "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson is probably my favourite book of all times.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Black water rafting in New Zealand
Teach, Learn, Share
Teach me all the languages. I'll teach you what I know of mine. :)
I'd share my cooking tips and secrets (but they mostly consist of "add more garlic")
I play the piano and the guitar, and love to learn about music and instruments!
I'm an absolute sucker for odd facts, I have a small trove of anthropological tidbits stored somewhere in the back of my brain.
What I Can Share with Hosts
I love to bake and cook, will be happy to share that.
I'm happy to do a bit of a language exchange, too.
Conversation? Good conversation. If I can't make you laugh, I'll count it a failure on my part.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Scotland, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United States, Viet Nam, Wales
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, England, Germany, Hong Kong, Luxembourg