Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 2 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Florencia’s full profile. It’s free!
Enjoy my hometown
I'm Flor. Born and raised in Buenos Aires.I love my city, love its people, its music, its weather, its sunsets. And I love say to it goodbye every now and then, pack my stuff and leave.
I study Literature so I read most of my time and when I sleep, I do it among books and papers. Meanwhile I listen to music, I do it since I wake up until bedtime, and sometimes I just don't turn it off.
Recently I found out I have a body. So now I enjoy it riding my bike everywhere and dancing tango. I love dancing, and I give a shit whether I look ridiculous or not.
I've learnt as well that my life is mine and is the only one that I have. And I'm 25 years closer to be dead. So I try to find things that make me happy and fit them somehow in my daily schedule. I think this is a pretty simple and effective way of living, at least fot the moment.
Map Legend: 8%, 23 of 263 Territories
Been there Lived here Going soon!
La verdad está en el viaje, no en el puerto.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I'm not able to host currently, since I still live in my little mom's house.
But I'm always available for help couchsurfers, give some advices or good ideas about Buenos Aires, and -when work and study are not too heavy- go out for a coffe or a drink.
I've been hosted for CS's all around Europe, New Zealand and Argentina. It was just amazing, much better than I expected. Some hosts were as interesting as their cities! Some of them still are my friends.
Travelling, Backpacking, Literature, Languages, Politics, Arts, Books, Theater, Music, Movies, Meditation, Sports, Cycling, Handball, Photograph, Partying, Cooking, Chocolate :), Dancing, Tango!
Music, Movies, and Books
· The Beatles, Queen, The Cure, Annie Lennox, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple, 80's, The Cranberries, Piazzola, Bajo Fondo Tango Club, Spinetta, Charly García, Fito Paez, Onda Vaga, Coiffeur, Lisando Aristimuño, Jorge Drexler, Yann Tiersen, Caetano Veloso, Chet Baker, Nina Simone, Cat Power, Calle 13, Garbage, Depeche Mode, Oasis, Soda Stereo, Pink Floyd, Regina Spektor, Cat Power, The Smiths, Silvio Rodríguez, Serrat... and so many more!
· Alejandra Pizarnik, Julio Cortázar, Anne Rice, Ursula Le Guin, Oscar Wilde, Sófocles, T.S. Eliot, Roberto Arlt, Alejandro Casona, Federico G. Lorca, Quino, Shakespeare, Mario Benedetti, Abelardo Castillo, Oliverio Girondo, Roberto Bolaño, Eduardo Galeano, Lispector, Rulfo, Haroldo de Campos.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Bolivia, Patagonia, Iguazú Waterfalls.
- Swiming with dolphins in Brazil.
- Learning how to ride a bike last year!
- Backpacking Europe during 3 months.
- Backpacking Southeast Asia alone during 3 months.
- Southeast Asia itself.
- Coming back to Buenos Aires and being happy just because I'm here.
Teach, Learn, Share
I work teaching because it gives me the chance to learn constantly: learn from the books, from my students, from me and about me too.
I love studying but I also think that there are many many many extremly important things that you can't learn in school or college. There are things that just can't be teached.
Travelling is one of the best ways of learning.
And sometimes unlearn certain things is the best way to get wiser.
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cuba, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Laos, Netherlands, New Zealand, Paraguay, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, Uruguay
Countries I’ve Lived In
Argentina, United Kingdom