Wants to Meet Up
- Last login about 7 hours ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gastón’s full profile. It’s free!
Im very relaxed and easy going, quite funny & probably a little strange but in a good way (At least for me!)
On the road I might be a little shy and quiet at the beginning but I have made great friends after hanging out for a while.
If you think people are defined by their profession you could say I'm an actor and filmmaker or a designer or a photographer (Depends on who you ask)
Also I'm a vegan, avid reader (mostly online non-fiction stuff), movie & music lover, ukelele player, tech geek and of course, a traveler!
Quite active social media user (but mostly in spanish)
You can stalk me on:
& http://www.facebook.com/SoyGastonGordon (fanpage)
And my current favorite, Snapchat: gastongordon
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Travelling for me means getting to know real places, and real people. I get excited reading profiles here, not only for the places I'm visiting but all the cool people I could meet.
Always had really interesting experiences when travelling with CS.
Met incredible and really diverse people, had a lot of fun and visited unique places.
I hope to keep doing that for a long time :)
Also, I specially love the way CS breaks prejudices and connects you in a really intimate way to people you would never bond with in another context.
- Listening and making music: I play the ukulele, melodica and sing. I can fake it on some other instruments too!
- Watching and making movies and all kind of videos
- Photography. (And daydreaming about being a successful travel photographer/videographer)
- Personal development & Environmental Care: I like being happy, thinking about it and respecting the planet and the others in the process. Also I'm a Vegan. (But not an annoying one I believe ;) ) Veganism is cool!
-The Internet. I believe It's one of mankind's greatest inventions and can change the world for good.
- Technology: I always think about the future and love to know about the amazing stuff scientists and companies are developing everywhere. Currently obsessed with the possibilities of VR
- Sharing (Vegan) Food: Cooking, or buying or eating new stuff while drinking some tea or mate together
- Water: I like drinking water and watching water and hanging out in places with water and being made of mostly water. Water is awesome.
- Art: Everything art related is probably my thing
And also explore supermarkets in other countries and the "exotic" things they sell. Supermarkets tell you a lot about a society!
- film making
Music, Movies, and Books
I watch a lot of everything but currently I'm enjoy indie movies more than hollywood blockbusters.
Some famous filmmakers that come to mind are Hayao Miyazaki, Wes Anderson, Michel Gondry, Spike Jonze, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Pixar...
Love my series too... I think Louie is a masterpiece, can't get enought of The Walking Dead and I'm really enjoying Better Call Saul lately
I love all music and listen to a TON of Music.
Some recent things from my spotify history:
The hipster/folk/surfer stuff:
Animal Liberation Orchestra, Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, Donavon Frankenreiter, Mason Jennings, Zee Avi, Matt Costa, Eddie Vedder, Belle & Sebastian, God help the Girl, Fun., Noah and the Whale, Laura Marling, Florence and the Machine, Regina Spektor, Eliza Doolittle, Ben Folds, Devendra Banhart, Eric Hutchinson, Fink, Lily Allen
The jazz/funk/soul/swing/rock&roll stuff:
Jamie Cullum, Mose Allison, Ben Sidrean, Django Reinhardt, Swing Armor, John Pizzarelli, Geoff Gascoyne, Jelly Roll Morton, Duke Ellington, Thelonius Monk, Bill Evans, Brad Mehldau, Michael Buble, Ben L´Oncle Soul, Nat king Cole, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Herbie Hancock, Stevie Wonder, Al Green, some classic rock and roll like Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Madeleine Peyroux, Melody Gardot, Esperanza Spalding, Ray Charles
The Argentinian and Uruguayan stuff:
Ainda Duo, Kevin Johansen, Jorge Drexler, Los Campos Magneticos, Alvy Singer, Onda Vaga, Julio y Agosto, Rosario Ortega, Vecina, Monsieur Periné, Babasónicos, Fito Paez, Sui Generis, Soda Stereo, plus the ocasional tangos and boleros when I'm in that mood
The Brazilian, mostly girly pop stuff:
Mallu Magalhães, Clarice Falcão, Banda do Mar, a Banda Mais Bonita da Cidade, João Gilberto, Marecelo Camelo
The "of course I listen to pop music too" stuff:
Robbie Williams, Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, Coldplay, Sam Smith, Some Ed Sheeran
And of course universal amazing musicians like Michael Jackson, Queen, The Beatles and Mozart!
Checking my Last.FM profile might be a good idea if you want to discover how I secretly listen to Justin Bieber:
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Some travel stories come to mind....
- There was a panoramic point in Los Alerces National Park in Argentina's Patagonia that was closed... We sneaked in anyway carefully with a friend and found out one of the most amazing views in the world just for us. I still can't believe that place is real.
- I once had the oportunity to travel through Salta, Argentina on a Bike working as a Photographer & Videographer. It's an amazing place and the bike let's you see every detail. Everytime I thought it couldn't be better, the landscape totally changed to something even more amazing.
- In the city of Esquel in Argentina I met with a long time mail friend of my (Now ex) GF and they had a really unusual pet. A sheep called Hannibal! They rescued him from a local celebration where he was supossed to be eaten and kept him like a dog. He was really soft and great to hug :)
As an actor, you kinda get used to it, but being on a stage with lot of happy people enjoying what you do is always a really amazing experience
And travelling around the world for many months without knowing when you'll come back is also great!
Teach, Learn, Share
I can teach you photography, filmmaking, design, some vegan recipes (like tasty vegan empanadas!), the right way to make MATE or the most popular "How to play the Ukelele" :D
Also answer any questions you might have about Argentinian and Latin American culture and issues.
And some spanish words I guess?
What I Can Share with Hosts
Good conversation, ukulele playing, nice pictures, share tasty vegan food and hopefully a good time :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Peru, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In