Maybe Accepting Guests
- 50% response rate
- Last login 3 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gesztes’s full profile. It’s free!
I am a calm, friendly person, basically open to host anybody anytime. Beside couch, I can offer help in tourist guiding for all over Hungary. My speciality is gastronomy, and am happy to have a traditional Hungarian dinner with you. Cannnot promise for sure anytime, though.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
Please send me COUCH REQUEST and NOT MESSAGE. CS cannot shedule msg-s in my diary so I might not even be noticed that you wanna come.
Pick your manner carefully. I really don't mind profiles and references, but will decline if you seem not aware of basic social rules. Vagabonds are PNG.
My couch is not a bus to hop-on-hop-off. Once you asked and accepted, I expect you to appear. Things can change but consider that you take the possibility from others while I keep a place for you. So don't cancel just because you feel like going another way.
1. If you bring me another bottle of shit Hungarian wine: I'll kill ya :D
2. I have two cats and a parrot. If you are allergic or have any objection, I advise not to surf here.
3. My cats are very friendly, they always want to come to you, sleep with you etc. Please don't let them into your room (the little study) or my bedroom. But please never shut the bathroom door (of course expect when you are inside haha) and always keep the toilet top shut.
4. The parrot is very funny but not so friendly as the cats. Please do not approach her suddenly, she will be scared. And dont try to pet her, she can bite hard indeed.
5. If you try to teach swear words to my parrot: I'll kill ya.
6. You can smoke in the balcony. The cats are free to go out and in anytime the door is open. Please throw the studs in the toilet and clean the ashtray carefully. I don't smoke, therefore I dislike cigarette smell.
7. I don't take any responsibility for your stuff having been destroyed by cats. Highlighted dangers are: phone charger, laces, food in bag/backpack. Keep everything in your room. Socket is behind the desk on the left. Light switch is on the right of entrance within the bookshelf.
8. I have a housekeeper which is good because you don't have to do the flat after dinner. She comes at undefined time almost every day, so don't panic if you wake up for the vakuum-cleaner's noise :D
outdoor sports, cycling, badminton, ski, gastronomy, ornitology
- outdoor activities
Music, Movies, and Books
Le professionel. Kundera. Tom Waits. What else?
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
The amazing moment when you realize that open requests can only be launched having your profile filled with some bullshit like amazing things you had seen or done and the old feeling comes again that Americans just stay Americans.
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In