Not Accepting Guests
- Last login over 1 year ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Georgina’s full profile. It’s free!
At the beginning of December 2015 I finished an incredible Mental Health Placement in Sri Lanka. This was a truly life changing experience and such an amazing insight into Asian culture, in terms of living but also there mental health and medical structure.
From December 2015 to March 2015 I have been exploring South East Asia, I have had an incredible time and have emmersed myself in the culture by not sticking to the usual backpacking route where possible.
I love meeting new people and sharing experiences and knowledge. In March 2016 I moved to Sydney and worked for 6 months as a disability support worker. Since, I have been back to the world of travelling, first stop New Zealnd and then Tasmania... After that, who knows!
I am not big into partying day in, day out, and I have been travelling to experience new things and meet people.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I love the unique experiences that comes from couchsurfing and the fascinating people that you are able to meet. I like to explore new cities and towns from the aspect of somebody living their, rather than just a tourist. I am interested to learn about different cultures and way of life.
Most things, I love to learn!!!
- psychology, mental health in particular and child psychology
- watching documentaries (any but particularly ones about people's lives and different rights and treatments in different county's)
- food!! Big foodie ( I love to try new food, and experimental cooking!)
- rugby (I played rugby from the age of 14 and represented my county in the uk when I was 16).
- cycling and hiking (I like to be active, in the U.K. I travel most places on my Brompton bike!)
- elephants (but not riding)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I have had a mud bath with three elephants.... Yes a full on mud bath... It was incredible and the highlight of my life so far!!!!
I complete my psychology BSc whilst working full time - this took a lot of commitment, blood, sweat and tears!
What I Can Share with Hosts
- I am happy to clean in return for staying in your home, I strangely find it quite therapeutic!
- I can also cook for the host and or household, I can adapt to your favourite things, just tell me at least 3 ingredients you would like included!
More exciting stuff....
- good company - maybe not so great prior to 7am(!)
- crazy morning hair
- experimental cooking / eating
- adventures - I love just exploring an area and seeing where I end up!
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Cambodia, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Laos, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Thailand
Countries I’ve Lived In
Australia, England, Sri Lanka