Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 10 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gintare’s full profile. It’s free!
I'm an energetic young woman, who spent eight years in LA studying and pursuing her career goals to work in the entertainment business.
I have recently moved back to Europe where I am working to re-establish myself in my personal and career lives. While I am doing that, I'm also traveling as much as I can to catch up on lost time!
I currently live in Spain, and will be moving to UK soon.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
At the moment I have some meetings and opportunities to network in my industry that I wouldn't want to pass on, however, getting the cheapest tickets on my very tight budget means having to stay a day or two longer or buy tickets with long overnight layovers, thus I hope I can both explore new cities, make new friends, and save a little bit of money on my trips.
Besides drawing, listening to jazz, watching movies, and having an occasional drink at a bar, I do enjoy running with dogs, dog sledding, visiting museums and art galleries, talking while having a nice walk, and cooking dinner.
- watching movies
Music, Movies, and Books
- I appreciate jazz as well as any other genre music that will speak to me at that particular time in my life. I enjoy listening to Celine Dion and Scorpions.
- There are probably too many to list, but I do LOVE animation, thus most Pixar and Disney movies as well as Studio Ghibli and Illumination movies are close to my heart.
- Pixar: Cars 1 and 3, Toy Story 1-4, Croods, Monsters Inc., Wall-E, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, UP.
- Studio Ghibli: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Whisper of the Heart, From Up on Poppy Hill, and others.
- Disney: Beauty and the Beast, Robin Hood, Cinderella, Mulan.
- Illumination: Despicable Me 1-3, Sing.
- Most of the books that I read are either about the entertainment industry or management/communication books such as: The Mailroom, Creativity Inc., How to Win Friends and Influence People, Essentialism, The Element, etc.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I participated in archeological excavations at a Mayan site in La Milpa, Belize. The job included daily hikes to the excavation sites, sifting through mud, photographing and describing daily findings, performing daily duties at the camp.
Not only did I learn a great deal about archeology and Mayan culture, but also I had the chance to see howling monkeys, boa snakes, and other animals, which really brought the jungle life in a middle of nowhere to a new level.
What I Can Share with Hosts
A fresh perspective on life between the two continents (N. America and Europe), knowledge in Film and Entertainment Business, on the occasions that I have my camera I can take some great headshots or just give me your camera and I can photograph you that way.
Lastly, I can help you with your English or cook a nice meal if the time permits!
P.S. Great conversations are automatically included!
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belize, Canada, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Italy, Latvia, Mauritania, Netherlands, Poland, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Countries I’ve Lived In
Lithuania, Spain, United Kingdom, United States