Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 29 minutes ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Giovanni’s full profile.
[IMPORTANT: generally, I am in Sicily during the second half of December or August/September, during the other months I travel non-stop around the world so I CAN NOT host]
Explore the world.... there is still a lot to do! I have visited 53 countries so far.
-I am a geologist but my life took an unexpected turn and now I am a "travel deals hunter/ content editor" working remotely for Travel Deals Websites. This became a big advantage as I can live the "digital nomad lifestyle" jumping from one place to another around the world!
- During the period 2017-2019 I have lived in a "more or less stable way" in: Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Netherlands, Canada, Spain, Chile, Poland, Mexico and jumped in many more countries like Romania, Ukraine, Hungary, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Greece, Turkey and Japan!
To find out more about me and my travels https://www.instagram.com/digitalbackpacker/
I consider myself an easy going, positive and full of energy person!
University's life was a bit strict for me so when i could, i booked a plane ticket and ran away. I really really love to travel, I hate monotony; this is the main reason why I decided to spend one Erasmus year in Portugal!
Every moment is the right one to visit new cities, meeting people, making new experiences, have fun and relax in new places, living the life!
If you wanna do something, do it! Don't care about other people's opinions. The best advice that you could receive is the one from your own mind.
LIVE YOUR LIFE.... BE FREE!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I'm not looking for a couch, I'm looking for new friends around the world!
After the experience, I like to keep in touch and if possible meet again
During summer I could help people who want to visit Sicily and offer them an accommodation.
I lived in Coimbra (Portugal) and our amazing Erasmus house was opened to couchsurfers!
- I met a couchsurfer in Saint Petersburg who helped me, before going there, giving me many suggestions!
- I hosted people in my houses in Palermo and Gela ( Sicily)
- I was hosted for my first time on February 2012, in Paris.
- I hosted many times in Coimbra, in our vibrant Erasmus shared house (2012)
- I surfed in Boston , Philadelphia during my American Trip and attended so many CS meetings especially in New York city where a great community is active (2013)
- Surfed in Moscow, Niznhny Novgorod and Perm during my russian tour (2013)
- Surfed in Puglia ( South of Italy) during a summer trip on 2014
- Surfed in Dublin and Oxford on August 2016
- Surfed in Sofia on November 2016
- Surfed in Cologne, May 2017
- Surfed in Toronto and Montreal (amazing experiences) , October 2017
- Met a very cool CSurfer and her friends in Bilbao, April 2019
- Surfed in Bordeaux, January 2019
- Surfed in Valencia, March 2022
-Travel of course, discovering new cultures, habits and foods
- TV shows: I'm a serious addict.
- Sports: swimming / gym / jogging
-Learning and practicing languages: I learned English by myself throughTV shows and travels; Portuguese was not so difficult since I used to live in Coimbra. My hardest challenge is learning Russian, still on it. I also learned Spanish by myself while traveling and organizing Erasmus trips and parties.
- Cooking: not really into it (am I even italian?) / Street food? OH YES!
- music festivals
- solo travel
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: La vita è bella, Pearl Harbour, The Hangover, Fight Club, Ocean 11, Blow,The pianist, Up in the air,Slevin.
TV shows: Lost, Breaking Bad, Fringe, Gotham, Daredevil, GoT, Mad Men...and many more!
Music: Electro, house, rap
Books: The Da Vinci code, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde , Se questo è un uomo ( Primo Levi), Moby Dick, The picture of Dorian Grey
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Being a Digital Nomad?! It's amazing!
White nights in Saint Petersburg
Hike up to Macchu Picchu
Sunrise over the clouds in Madeira
ErasmusDreamTrip on the road http://mythicalnorth.travellution.com/ . I was the winner of this contest and it was one of the best travel experiences of my life
Explore the brazilian coast from Porto Alegre to Rio de Janeiro
Teach, Learn, Share
There is not a stereotype of person I would like to meet! I could learn something from every kind of person, every nation has different cultures and I'm a curious person.
I have travelled in many places around Italy so i can share with you some important tips about my country
What I Can Share with Hosts
All my travel experiences and stories and my experience on organizing trips in the cheapest possible way :)
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, England, Estonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Chile, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United States