Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 10 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gloria’s full profile. It’s free!
Girl from Hong Kong looking for a couch :)
Exchange student at Lancater University, UK
Third Cultural Kid
Lived in almost all big cities in the U.S.
Lived in New York, Hong Kong
Asian on the outside, American on the inside with a little British accent
Currently leaving some footprints around Europe until going to Florida in August 2015
Photography, Film-editing, Instagram
I'm really into languages, meeting new people and I want to see the world!! :D
and of course i love showing my foreign friends around Hong Kong too.
- pub crawls
- world cup
Music, Movies, and Books
Harry Potter duhhh the whole set is on my shelf
Game of Thrones (soooo what happened to Bran? and what about Jon Snow is he... is he....coming back????)
How I met your mother (I haven't watch the ending no spoilers please i know it's bad)
Marley and me
All the Nicholas Sparks novels and movies
21 Jump street
and a lot more..............
I have Netflix and I let all my bests leech on it so yea I'm that kind of friend now come befriend me LOL
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
One doesn't really cover how bout a list ;D
- Riding a camel in Dubai was pretty fun ahaha
- Working for a Congresswoman in New York
- Not smoking weed in Amsterdam (am i the only one? I'm happy enough just seeing the girls at Red Light District and seeing the canals tho)
- Going on a quest to the Big Ben in London, thinking I'm Virginia Woolf
- Meeting Drag Queens in Seattle, thinking it's the real Britney Spears until my gay friends there explain the situation *facepalm*
- Seeing naked guys in gay district and going to a nude beach in San Francisco back when it was still legal (don't ask haha)
- Sneaking into bars before I turn 21 in New York
- Having my breath taken away road tripping from L.A. to Palm Spring and to Las Vegas
- Eating the spiciest noodle of my life in South Korea
- Hosting events and pub-crawls for almost a hundred international students in Hong Kong
- Dancing to GANGNAM STYLE on the highway with the car blasting music *my ear drums tho...* and casting a spell with the Voodoo donuts in Portland, Oregon
- Nearly crossing the border to Mexico and not being able to get back into the States in San Diego
- Breaking my ankle in Lancaster, England on my first week of exchange study BUMMER
- Never seen so many hot people my whole life *dayum Los Angeles*
- Seeing the highest amount of trees my whole life within a single day in Kellogg, Idaho... it's almost on the boarder of Washington State, it was like an unknown heaven in America, basically a huge green valley with white-tipped Skiing resorts on top of the surrounding mountains, bluest sky I've ever seen it was June.
- Being a kindergartener again being amazed at every single thing in all the museums I found in Washington D.C. oh and of course meeting the president.. hahaha jk
- WOWing at every single person reading an actual book on a flight to North Carolina, wow cultural state?!
- Staying with a triplet from Holland in Barcelona, Spain, learning how to play FIFA on TV *epicfail* really enjoyed the beaches there tho!
- Wishing I had a special someone to share the moment with when the Eiffel Tower lit up in Paris
- Almost going to Norway, (almost get to be cool, literally) I will come for you next time I am in Europe!!!
- Going on Route 66 #murica #gangster #ontheroad
- Gonna fly in a small plane to Warsaw, Poland in a few weeks I am chickening out...........
- Seeing the Vatican, visiting my old friend Frank the Pope to Underwood from House of Cards... oooo, and casually swinging by the Sistine Chapel for that famous painting on the ceiling *touch my finger ET*
- Going to Italy, Croatia and Prague next week :D
- Spending Christmas in Budapest, Hungary 2014 saw my first snow with 20 Hungarian new friends, it was truly magical, came back to Budapest 2015 summer 'cause I just love these people
- Planning on conquering Australia and Africa next.
- Shame on me for not exploring Asia more since I'm from there, lets work on that...
- Being cooked by the Arizona heat when I was at the Phoenix airport
- Pointing at all the big ass fancy houses in Kansas and Missouri like WOW MANSIONS, GARDENS, MILES OF LAND IN THE SUN,,, IS THIS REAL?!!!! MODERN AMERICAN HOUSEHOLDS AT ITS FINEST, and its not as expensive as in Beverly Hills. like much cheaper...
okay you are probably getting bored I'll stop, probably missed a few places I've been to that I haven't talked about but yea this is roughly the idea :P
- WELL I AM FROM HONG KONG THIS IS AMAZING ENOUGH okay i'm deleting everything I typed next time I login I'll think this is immature.
but hey this is me at the moment :) traveling turns me into a little kid SO EXCITED DORA THE EXPLORER
Teach, Learn, Share
I am a part time English teacher in Hong Kong and I share a lot of Facebook posts mostly from buzzfeed, TED or imgur... and other random stuff... haha
I can teach you Cantonese and Mandarin too.
I can make sushi, good ones :D
and yes cmon of course I know how to hold chopsticks correctly, wait what.. you don't? shame on youuuu here let me teach you how to be a badass and own Asia when you go there..
What I Can Share with Hosts
Traveling Tips, Inspiring cultural talks, Career Advices... wait... are we really doing this? you are not actually gonna have me do this right? IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!!!!
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, China, Czech Republic, France, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, Spain, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
China, England, Hong Kong, United States