- Last login about 4 years ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Regina’s full profile. It’s free!
To make a difference in the society
Grace Care Centre is a not for profit organisation run by the Ngige family in Kawangware, the second largest slum in Nairobi, Kenya. The centre provides a home and source of education to a number of poor and vulnerable children living in the local community. There are currently 180 students (of which 50 are orphans who also call the Centre home) attending school at Grace Care Centre.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
We live in a home in Kawangware about 15 minute walk from our orphanage (Grace Care Centre). Anyone who would like to come and volunteer at the orphanage is welcome to stay at our home as long as you will help out while you are here. Some of the things that you can come and do:
- Teach the kids in the classrooms
- Design your own projects
- Manual construction. We need a class 8 classroom!!
- We are looking long term teachers as well. We have 7 teachers right now and need 2 more. We have classes 1-7 and are working on getting a class 8.
- Help with chores like preparing lunch, laundry, maintenance
- Introduce new programs to the kids like music and art class