Ancona, Marche, Italy
Last login 28 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Gregory's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile
To be or not to be... hahahha.. no worry, just kidding!
I came back just now, from acting lessons, and started updating my profile!
Who am I? Easy, a MAN (yes 36y is not anymore a Boy!) and I live my life step by step with some jumps here and there Like a "KID!!!" from North to South to any direction following instinct and pure smiles.
1. I'm italo-belgian: traveled first time when i was 6 months old, but yeah I don't remember it really well, hahah!! Till my 14y I've moved many times from Italy to Belgium and so I increased my lenguage skills, I love to meet new people and to gain new tips about other cultures. World is in my DNA!
2. Something more? funny, polite, happy person, tall, crazy(in good sense), patient, I like to paint, I die for dancing on the beach, have fun with friends, go out in pubs, walk in museums, and what ever life gives me.
3. I can't say 'no'. I can't refuse anything to people who are close to me. And even sometimes to others whom I don't know that much. I've learned "I should balance it but I really can't!" pay attention, you shouldn't take it for granted. I'm a very forgiving person, but if you mess with me, it'll take more than apologies to make me want to talk to you again.
4. Funnily enough, I'm very oldschool when it comes to good manners, and I care very much about education too. We are not barbarians anymore! It's just basic good-manners to keep someone updated if you have plans with them. It's something that annoys me very much in this new electronical life: if you can't make it somewhere, CALL!
5. I like people, I like to share life and emotions, I love listening to what people have seen, let them enter my life to bring a new waves of energy, waves that make me feel how wonderful life is.
www. ~ The INTERNET info ~
My Facebook: "Gregory Rossi"
My Homepage: GregoryRossi.it
The City Travel Project: LittleAncona.com (have a look plz)
~ PHILOSOPHY ~
Life is short don't waste it. [I really believe this sentence]
In 2011 I've met a CSurfer that changed my Life, from then on, I've changed my style of life from Saing things to dooing things, I feel it "the Yellow Energy" is always strong, one day we will meet again. It's a fact, Life is a weird connection of amazing events and emotions. [IT IS... AND ALWAYS WILL BE]
~ A Hint about HOSTING CouchSurfers ~
You can "start" travel at home, if you let some foreign stories enter your life!
You should try it, you should do it, open your life to the world... Share your couch!
I love people, world, Nature and Life!
My first step was to open the doors of my flat to the world.
Second I've tryed and went to the CS meeting here in my region and abroad!
I've met many friends and now I'm helping the new CSurfers in there adventures on-line and in my city!
Hosting: Great experience perfect guests and really cool. CSurfers are Wonderfull people.
Hosted: I've met wonderfull people really nice and with a great world traveling spirit.
When you write a Reference think to what you write :) have a look to this hints, and write... write... write... References Info
MUCH MUCH MUCH STUFF ...
Creativity (just started a new painting)
Tecnology just to know it not to buy it(to expensive)
Nature (love to go out on moutnains with friends)
Sports (I love them but heheh long time i've done some HAHAHA).
Always ready to, meat new people, learn new stuff,new languages and taste new foods :P
MUSIC is MUSIC, I love it ALL! I just like all the music and books and movies .. expecialy movies .. I go once a week to the cinema sometimes even more :) books??? well golden compass, and... mmm I'm tryng to improve my book reading level, last book took me more than 6 months to end it, but I fild it up with notes and drawings, to remember every emotion it gaved me.
ADVENTURES: Are You kidding!!! hahahahha ... I'm not an amazing sport freak but once in my life I Have done: Rafting, Freeklimbing, canoing, skiing, Canyoning, Speleologic, trekking, sailing, surfing, waterskiing,... Everithing is cool and if I'm fit I'll do it.. well almost everithing :P hehehe
~ WHERE have I been till now? ~
In past years I've traveled a lot the most with my little car!
I went to Scottland, Austria, Chaecz Republic, Germany, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia, Holland, Belgium, Romania "Transilvania", France, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukrain ...) and also made some nice travels to Malta and great pitstops in Austin(TX ) (Austin... MEMORIES... where Simba sometimes lives, a special person to me ) and many, many, many more little wonderfull adventures!
WHATS MY PLAN NOW? to meet as much people as possible and share happy moments, hoping to find a new inspiration for my next trip!
in ANCONA Easy to reach from my Couch:
- "Tourist Info" [ITA/ENG]
- "Museo Tattile Statale Omero" [ITA/ENG/ESP]
- "Museo Archeologico Ancona" [ITA]
Wining and dining:
- Osteria Teatro Stabacco: not a cheap place but for sure one of the most tipical places where to eat in Ancona. [info:ITA] (Via Oberdan,2/2a)
- Caffè Roma: Breakfast, a fast meal, a wonderful staff and also good friends of me [info:ITA] (Piazza Roma,10)
- Cremeria Rosa: good icecream,pizza and good food a restaurant caffè where you can chill out. [info:ITA] (Corso Mazzini,61)
- 4 more info have a look to www.littleancona.it (my cityblog)
near ANCONA Easy to reach
- Portonovo [ITA]
Bus Line 94 (main bus stop):
Stazione FS – P.zza Ugo Bassi – Galleria Risorgimento ... - Portonovo.
from 31may/7jun :
* departure from Ancona: 08.45-10.15-12.40-14.00-17.45
* departure from Portonovo: 09.30-12.15-13.15-14.40-18.30
* normal summer timetable, you can see it at the bus stop.
Ferry operators at Ancona
- Blue Star Ferries (Crossing to Igoumenitsa & Patras)
- Marmara Lines (Crossing to Cesme)
- Minoan Lines [E/I/D/F/GR](Crossing to Igoumenitsa & Patras)
- Superfast Ferries [E/I/D/F/GR](Crossing to Igoumenitsa & Patras)
- Jadrolinija [E/I/D/HR] (Crossing to Croatia - Split)
-ANCONA (walking & bathing in the city)
* Walking Route 1: long; this route takes the whole day. Touches the historic center, including the Plebiscito square, the Archeological Museum, The Duomo of S. Ciriaco, the Muse Theatre, the church of S. Maria della Piazza and the church of the Ss. Sacramento. The harbour zone, where are located the Traiano Arch and the Mole Vanvitelliana. The Vittoria boulevard, going to the harbour, where is located the War Memorial.
*Walking Route 2: medium; the route is shorter and takes half day. Starts from the Duomo of S.Ciriaco, beside which it's possible to visit the Diocesan Museum: this is the most panoramic spot of the city, with a view on the harbour and on the Traiano Arch. The historic center is the second stage, and in the end, take the car to visit the Mole Vanvitelliana.
*Walking Route 3: Short; the route is a suggestive walk in the city center, visiting the most interesting spots.
* Beaches of Ancona: the city offers also a few seaside facilities, like the Passetto, where a long and panoramic stairway leads to the platform used as a beach; and Mezzavalle, a white-sand beach (a path goes down to the sea from the windy street of the Cònero, next the crossroads of Portonovo).
VIRTUAL TOUR of ANCONA click here
- PORTONOVO (Ancona by bus 94)
Portonovo lays there where the ever-green oaks smoothing the mountain touch the sea. The lovely bay is a jewel of the Mount Cònero Park. The Park was especially founded to preserve and safeguard the natural beauties and rarities of this area. Shining from above, the white rocks and pebbles of the beach, originated by a landslide, are an amazing view and a wonderful picture to take. When down on the beach, the clear waters and the astonishing views up on the cliffs of Mount Cònero are something to remember and to enjoy in every season. Two small lakes enrich the unique environment of this wonderful turistic resort.
- SIROLO (18km from Ancona)
Wild beaches, steep cliffs, caves, white rocks covered by pinewood overlooking deep and transparent seawater, make of Sirolo the ideal place to discover a still uncontaminated nature.
The tidy medieval centre, sunny and windy, is sheltered by the green promontory of Monte Cònero and it is surrounded by a sea rich in fishes and hills cultivated with wheat, olive and grapes. The unique landscape can be appreciated from the balcony-main square, the very heart of summer life, with many different open-air parlours where you can enjoy ice-cream.
-NUMANA (22 km from Ancona)
Numana is in the heart of the Cònero Mountain Park. The inhabits divides it into two sections: Numana Alta (upper) the oldest part of the town lies on the hill, and Numana Bassa (lower), the more recent part of it, which includes the port and the cost until the ward of Marcelli.
The beach is gravel to the north of the port and is sand, wide and more easily accessible in the south of it. From the green gardens it's possible to have a stunning view of the landscape, as much as from the other view-point, the balcony of the tower. Pocket handerchief fields and Mediterranean underwoods spread beside the coast. The Conero mountain frames this suggestive landscape.
- LORETO (30km from Ancona)
From the Riviera seaside the tour moves to the land of faith and art. Our route avoids the busy coastal road and leaves the backdoor along more quiet and pretty roads to reach Loreto.
Already from far away we can recognize Loreto as a City-Shrine. The church's dome and bell tower stand out over the compact cluster of buildings forming the old town, still encircled by the XVIth century town walls and massive bastions. The origin of Loreto is linked with the legend of the transferral of Mary's House by angels in 1294. It arose as testimonial to a miracle. In a short time the town got a famous worship and a pilgrimage centre; in 1469, with the construction of the new fortress-church, ordered to defend the Holy House, Loreto started to develope. Our itinerary explores the very heart of the city: piazza della Madonna. Parked your car outside the town walls, the main square can be reached from Corso Boccalini Main Street, from Sisto V street or from Porta Marina. The square, embellished by a XVIIth century fountain placed at its centre, is bordered to the east by the facade of the Basilica. The Basilica, between the late Gothic and the Renaissance style, is worth a visit. Inside the church, in the presbytery beneath the dome, is the Holy House. The walled "Chamber" of Our Lady in which Mary was born, was fostered and received the angelic annunciation, is protected by the Marble Screen: projected by Bramante, it preserves the Statue of the Blessed Virgin garbed in the traditional dalmatian robe. Many of the most talented architects and artists of the Renaissance worked on the construction of the Basilica: Baccio Pontelli, Andrea Sansovino, Giuliano da Sangallo, Luca Signorelli, Pomarancio, Luigi Vanvitelli, Melozzo da Forlì.
The Museum Gallery of the Holy House, is also worth a visit. It is housed on the upper floors of the Apostolic Palace, in the north-west part of Piazza della Madonna, and preserves objects and paintings coming mainly from the Basilica. Outstanding among all art objects, eight estimable canvasses of Lorenzo Lotto, a fine collection of Renaissance ceramics and ten Raphaelesque tapestries. Exiting the museum, we can then discover some typical city sights walking and shopping in Boccalini Main Street, looking at the apses from piazzale Loreto and at the landscape from piazza Giovanni XXIII.
- Riviera del Conero
EVENTS in/near ANCONA
- SUMMERJAMBOREE Rockin'Holiday [ITA] - Senigallia(AN)
- Medieval Fest [ITA] - Offagna(AN)
Where to sleep... if needed
in Ancona there is only one Hostel 50m from train station
"Ostello della Gioventù" - via Lamaticci 7 - Ancona 60126 - Tel. +39.071.42257 - Fax: +39.071.42257
[in spring 2011 the price was between 14~25€ depends on room and season]
Just a funny project...
"Little Ancona" [ENG] - a little project that maybe will become big in future ;)
I can offer at my flat
- a nice Sofa bed
- A shower
- cookies, teas and sweets
- you can play with my social games (just take care of them)
- if free I can drive you around the city and give you a tour
- if possible we can go to some beach partys or beach pubs with music
- ...for more just ask and maybe I can help ya
Under my flat there is
- a Wachingmachine place with dryers (for fast clean)
- an Icecream shop (one of the best)
- 6 bars .. maybe you need a cappuccinooooooo!!!
- a cool pub
- a haircutter
- not too far a Supermarket (5min walk)
Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Romania, Scotland, Serbia, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Wales
Belgium, Italy, United States
Join Couchsurfing to see Gregory's full profile. It's free!View Full Profile