Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 5 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Grim’s full profile. It’s free!
I am a cancer survivor. I want to show the world that there is life after treatment! A beautiful one!
I couched surfed for a full year. Ask me about- I love talking about my travels.
They would say I am a funny, positive, and goofy guy to be around. They would also say that I am caring, nice, and that I have a lot a passion towards everything that I do.
I vlog everyday. I hope you enjoy the Laffy Taffy joke: https://www.youtube.com/user/ISurvivedCancer
There might be a god. But I am the creator of my future.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I couch surfed on a bike journey of mine. Chicago to LA and back. 98 days of camping/couch surfing. 4,691 miles.
I took a road trip back in 2012 for 47 days helping out a cancer survivor documentary.
I just want to pay it forward... so don't hesitate on asking if my couch is available :)
My buddy and I went on a 1 1/2 month documentary journey across the west. We are both cancer survivors, and we were getting cancer survivor stories along the way. On top of that... we were COUCH SURFING. We met amazing people. I have to say, I will always couch surf.
Film, action sports, hiking, exploring, anything with nature
Music, Movies, and Books
Movies: Into the Wild, The Edge, Out Cold, 50/50, 180 South, Bucket List, Hot Tub Time Machine
TV: The Buried Life, Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory, Out of the Wild
Music: Trevor Hall, Aaron Kamm and the One Drops, Ben Howard, Matisyahu, Rebelution, Jack Johnson, 311
Books: The Secret, Master Key System, The Hatchet, Total Freedom, Into the WIld
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1. I went to Alaska in 2010 for a month to stay with my friends family friend ( yeah...). To keep this short. We got got kicked out in the first week. They never introduced themselves to me. We stayed in their guest house. They ignored us, and told us that we should really just leave. But anyways, we left and stayed at hostiles. At one of the hostiles we met this 70 year old. He did not look a day over 40. We all talked for hours. He was in the middle of his excursion around the world. He explained to us that he got a one way ticket to South America. Met a family and stayed with them for a month. That's when he heard about Alaska... so he booked a one way ticket to Alaska. So we asked him if he was scared. He looked at both of us and said " Once you have fear in your hearts... your heart will be attacked by fear." I have lived by that quote ever since.
2. My dad and I rafted through the Grand Canyon for 4 days, and 3 nights. No electricity, just beauty. Since the sky was so clear, and there were no bugs; we just slept on a cot. We fell asleep under the stars every night. We stopped at places to hike, and explore. It felt like a dream.
Teach, Learn, Share
1. My cancer experience.
2. My view, and perspective on life.
3. My traveling experiences.
1. I would like to understand how other people live their life.
2. Their perspective on life.
3. Their experiences.
visited 19 states (38%)Create your own visited map of The United States or Amsterdam travel guide for Android
visited 4 states (1.77%)Create your own visited map of The World or Free iphone travel guide
Countries I’ve Visited
Costa Rica, Jamaica, Mexico, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In