Not Accepting Guests
- 100% response rate
- Last login 2 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Guillaume’s full profile. It’s free!
SORRY BUT GETTING MARRIED THIS SUMMER I'M NOT ABLE TO HOST AT ALL.
Hello, I'm Guillaume, a Parisian native. I used to be one of the most active European hosts (I hosted 250/300 Csers a year) but calmed down a little bit as I'm preparing my wedding with... A of former guest of mine. I'm a foodie, a good cook and a wines and fine spirits connoisseur (it actually became my job since the last three years).
If you want to surf at my place you'll have to send me the kind of couch request you would like to read as a host. Please show me why you want to meet me, not that you need a free accommodation in Paris.
I'm neat and organized, if you're not we might not match. I'm a busy person due to my job: you'll have to adapt your schedules to mine and to follow my way of life while staying at my place.
MY KIND OF GUESTS
I appreciate smily, open minded, curious and respectful people who like to share knowledge and experiences.
Males, females, solo travelers, couples or groups of friends are welcomed to my place.
Motivated newbies or experienced surfers also.
Being neat and organized are a great plus. Being a party animal who comes back late every night a major minus.
Guests coming to my place just to sleep without any interactions nor exchange with me are nor not my kind.
I'm trying to be a good ambassador of my city and of my country.
Life is too short: keep discovering and enjoying!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
CS is for me a human experience: I receive surfers as friends and try to make them get the best of their parisian holiday.
So far, I hosted 1 500++ guests and use to modarate the Paris Emergency Couch Request forum. I didn't surf a lot but always meet local members of the community when traveling.
- Everything which is related to hiring of with people/tastes/sensations/feelings/emotions (chating, cooking, sharing food/a glass of wine/a cocktail/a fine spirit, ...),
- Almost all kind of music,
- Operas (I regularly go to Vienna, Prague or Budapest just to enjoy some).
- solo travel
Music, Movies, and Books
The Last Emperor, Memories of a Geisha, Schindler's List, The Secret Life of Walter Mighty, Into the Wilde, Malavita, The theory of everything, James Bond, Indiana Jones, Jason Bourne's Trilogy, Matrix, The Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, Hannibal, thrillers, action films, dramas and teenage silliest comedies (I know I'm too old for those, and so what???)
Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, Michael Crichton, Ken Follett, Robin Cook.
Pop (Mika, Simply Red, ...), Rock (Green Day, Offspring, Limpkin Park, ...), Techno Dance (David Guetta, Martin Solveig, Bob Sinclar, ...), ElectroPop, Lounge, Jazz, Classical music and opera.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1/ I used to work for a few governments/diplomatic representations/officials/ministers and still assist a worldwide famous woman when she visites Paris.
2/ I'm (at least at the moment) one of the five Parisian Couchsurfing hosts who received the biggest amount of references.
Teach, Learn, Share
I CAN TEACH:
- Useful sentences in French,
- How to cook a few dishes,
- The process of a wine/spirit tasting,
- Where to find parisian hidden spots/weird and creepy things in churches,
- How to make someone offer your drink(s) in a bar thanks to mathematics.
I'D LIKE TO LEARN:
- Photography technics,
- New tastes and flavors,
- Whatever else you could teach me.
What I Can Share with Hosts
SURFING: a confortable and warm place to sleep with fast (13 mins) and direct access to Paris deep city center.
- My guidance,
- City maps and advices to visit touristic or non touristic Paris,
- Addresses of best cocktail bars downtown, - - Addresses of affordable restaurants (6 to 20 euros/person),
- Addresses to taste wines and spirits for free during the weekend.
- I consider talking while having a good dinner the best way to get to know each others.
- If we eat together, we might share the costs or will go for groceries together,
- Sometimes I prepare very fancy food like foie gras, snails or champagne. It happens on special occasions like Christmas, New Year's Eve, Birthdays (or I even already arranged it on request). I always let surfers know in advance.
- I highly appreciate when my guests take the time to cook for me.
- My bad jokes if you really insist???
Please now take the time to read the MY HOME section of this profile.
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Mauritius, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, Morocco, United Kingdom