- 99% response rate
- Last login 29 minutes ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Guillaume’s full profile. It’s free!
After a long hosting experience and a few unpleasant ones with some former guests, I would like to remind every people reading this page a few basics about Couchsurfing:
1/ I'm hosting surfers to interact with them. People who only expect a free accomodation in Paris or just want "a place to crash" are not my kind. On the other hand, I'm offering a real French/Parisian/Human experience.
2/ As almost all regular hosts, I consider receiving a copy-pasted requests/requests from empty profiles a very rude way to ask for hospitality: first one doesn't care about his potential host, second one doesn't introduce him/herself.
3/ Always remind that being a couchsurfer you're a guest and have to adapt to your host's schedules, way of life, ... and not the contratry.
HOW TO SURF AT MY PLACE?
1/ Fully read my profile. It includes both "ABOUT" and "MY HOME" sections.
2/ Write a PERSONALIZED COUCH REQUEST clicking on the "Send Request" blue button on this page. I don't host people sending just private messages.
3/ Avoid the kind of messages making me feel like you're booking a hotel room or a hostel bed.
4/ Due to EXTREMELY BAD experiences I WON'T:
A- host you without a valid phone number/Facebook/WhatsApp/Viber
IN YOUR REQUEST.
B- give you spare key BUT if I need you to come back before me. Then I'll take a copy of your ID card/Passeport and Visa.
5/ I'm a well organised and neat person. If you're the opposite it might be unpleasant for you to stay at my place.
6/ You'll receive my house rules and phone number with my acceptance. Read them properly, they were written to make your stay at my place easier and more enjoyable for all of us.
Hello, I'm Guillaume, a Parisian native, one of the most active European hosts (I host 250/300 Csers a year), a foodie, a good cook and a fine wines and spirits connoisseur (it actually became my job since the last three years). If you're searching for a couch in Paris, want advices to explore the city and are curious to improve your skills about these 3 subjects, I can help ;0)
MY KIND OF GUESTS
I appreciate smily, open minded, curious and respectful people who like to share knowledge and experiences.
Males, females, solo travelers, couples or groups of friends are welcomed to my place.
Motivated newbies or experienced surfers also.
Being neat and organized are a great plus. Being a party animal who comes back late every night just to sleep a major minus.
I'm trying to be a good ambassador of my city and of my country.
Life is too short: keep discovering and enjoying!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
CS is for me a human experience: I receive surfers as friends and try to make them get the best of their parisian holiday.
So far, I hosted 1 500++ guests and use to modarate the Paris Emergency Couch Request forum. I didn't surf a lot but always meet local members of the community when traveling.
- Everything which is related to hiring of with people/tastes/sensations/feelings/emotions (chating, cooking, sharing food/a glass of wine/a cocktail/a fine spirit, ...),
- Almost all kind of music,
- Operas (I regularly go to Vienna, Prague or Budapest just to enjoy some).
Music, Movies, and Books
The Last Emperor, Memories of a Geisha, Schindler's List, The Secret Life of Walter Mighty, Into the Wilde, Malavita, The theory of everything, James Bond, Indiana Jones, Jason Bourne's Trilogy, Matrix, The Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, Hannibal, thrillers, action films, dramas and teenage silliest comedies (I know I'm too old for those, and so what???)
Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, Michael Crichton, Ken Follett, Robin Cook.
Pop (Mika, Simply Red, ...), Rock (Green Day, Offspring, Limpkin Park, ...), Techno Dance (David Guetta, Martin Solveig, Bob Sinclar, ...), ElectroPop, Lounge, Jazz, Classical music and opera.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
I used to work for a few governments/diplomatic representations/officials/ministers and still assist a worldwide famous woman when she visites Paris.
Teach, Learn, Share
I CAN TEACH:
- Useful sentences in French,
- How to cook some tasty dishes,
- The process of a wine/spirit tasting,
- Where to find parisian hidden spots/weird and creepy things in churches,
- How to make someone offer your drink(s) in a bar thanks to mathematics.
I'D LIKE TO LEARN:
- Photography technics,
- New tastes and flavors,
- Whatever else you could teach me.
What I Can Share with Hosts
SURFING: a confortable and warm place to sleep with fast (13 mins) and direct access to Paris deep city center.
- My guidance,
- City maps and advices to visit touristic or non touristic Paris,
- Addresses of best cocktail bars downtown, - - Addresses of affordable restaurants (6 to 20 euros/person),
- Addresses to taste wines and spirits for free during the weekend.
- I consider talking while having a good dinner the best way to get to know each others. If we eat together, we'll share the cost or will go for groceries together,
- Sometimes I prepare very fancy food like foie gras, snails or champagne. It happens on special occasions like Christmas, New Year's Eve, Birthdays or I can arrange it on request. I always let surfers know in advance.
- I highly appreciate when my guests take the time to cook for me.
- My bad jokes if you really insist???
Please now take the time to read the MY HOME section of this profile. You'll find there the list of details I'm asking my futur guests to add to their request.
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Mauritius, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, Morocco, United Kingdom