Maybe Accepting Guests
- Last login 28 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Joshua’s full profile. It’s free!
partial to oaks, cherries, sycamores, ginkgoes, monkey puzzles, willows, walnuts, birches & pines.
this summer: indoor gardening, inventing quiet little songs, drawing, reading books, learning a new camera, watching lots of soccer, and planning late-season adventures. starting a film club! if you're interested in joining, please get in touch.
today, i wish to live perpetually within the process of becoming quietly extraordinary.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
...aside from simply being here, i haven't yet participated in CS :o
none as of yet.
sound, music, art, film, photographs, words, exploring.
Music, Movies, and Books
books, biblically: Lorca, Rilke, Pessoa, Saint-Exupery, Motherwell.
most recently: 'Austerlitz,' by W.G. Sebald, 'The Master and Margarita,' by Bulgakov.
films: 'Wings of Desire,' 'Werckmeister Harmonies,' 'Spirit of the Beehive,' 'Sans Soleil,' 'Ikiru,' 'Seven Samurai,' 'Solaris,' plenty else besides.
music: Múm, Tara Jane O'Neil, Red House Painters/Sun Kil Moon, Built to Spill, The Weakerthans, Low, The Microphones/Mt. Eerie, The Raincoats, Softies, Neutral Milk Hotel, Bill Callahan, The Pastels, Mission of Burma, Galaxie 500, Do Make Say Think, Four Tet, Belle & Sebastian, The Clash, The Chameleons, The Thermals, Television, The Smiths, My Bloody Valentine, Superchunk, Yo La Tengo, Sonic Youth.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
hum, probably just modestly amazing days and nights in the desert, on the sea, or in the mountains--
Teach, Learn, Share
1. i know a few trees; do you? let's trade!
2. i am aware of at least three delicious ways to prepare kale.
3. (and if your standards are pretty low,) i can teach you how to cook some international delicious things, too!
4. (...from places i've never been, so they're actually adaptations from the nation of me, i guess.)
5. i can make a decent camping shelter from a tarp and some rope!
6. i can teach you how to fold an origami bear. so can youtube, but i am made of real adult.