- 0% response rate
- Last login 11 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Becca’s full profile. It’s free!
I am currently run my own fair trade organization and store in down town rockport called the traveling bohemian
I have worked for the UN: FAO in Rome & UN: Unicef In India,Boston rescue mission as a Development associate and case manager
I love to travel I have explored 33 different countries having lived for a period in : Italy, France, India, and Thailand and of course the USA. I am passionate about helping the poor and that is why I studied International Development and global humanitarian peace and justice studies in my under grad
I need constant excitement in my life, at times its thrilling but other times its a major pain in the ass.... Since i left home at 17, I have moved or gone away for extended travels just about every 3 months. I have a hard time committing to one place, one job, and one thing. it makes life exciting but can get tiring at times too.
I am a vegetarian, humanitarian, and I am fascinated by eastern philosophy...although i would probably call my self an atheist that believes in the greater good of humanity. I love yoga and I survived for a year earning good money as a hula hoop performer and instructor... I know it sounds strange but i promise its cool, i hoop with LED hoops and with fire.. so its not like i am taking a kids hoop to a concert ;)
1. Life is too short to sit around and do nothing.
2. be a traveler not a tourist
3. be the change you wish to see in the world
4. life is not about where you have gone but what you have done along the way!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I love to travel but I hate being a tourist. I love to get to know the locals, go to the local places, and sample the local cuisine. That's why I love Couch surfing!
*my home is your home,please feel free to contact me to crash at my place
I host & Spent the entire summer of 2011 couch surfing across Europe!I met some of the most unbelievable people and had a true local experience. since then every where I have traveled or lived i am always taking the opporutnity to meet up with surfers. I am so grateful for all those that have hosted me! Thanks guys, remember you will always have a place to stay wherever I am!
Hula hooping, yoga, festivals, making jewlery,fair trade & helping others,
traveling (of course),
riding my bike to farmers markets,
hiking, camping, the outdoors, animals, being a devoted vegetarian.
- organic food
- outdoor activities
Music, Movies, and Books
I am a huge Paulo Cohelo Fan. I have read all of his books.
I'm also a big robin sharma fan, the monk who sold his ferrari (a must read)
I love books that inspire you --philosophical books disguised behind a good story.
Music: I hate mass commercial stuff. i am into indie, folk rock, classic rock, reggae, and Buddha bar when I am relaxing or doing yoga.
I love weird indie films: Science of sleep, you me and every one I know, Amelie, ...
Also love a quality chick flick/ comedy (not those stupid ones) ie: Eat pray love, 2 days in paris, 2 days in new york....
Of course I love comedies: Due Date, I love you man, Bridesmaids, the Hangover..
how I met your mother. the old office, parks and recreation, weeds, and breaking bad
I love Thai and Indian food. probably among my favorites. I love a good nachos with guacamole and a burrito. Italian is great... Cheesy fries are a secret addiction of mine..
I am vegetarian and in denial about being lactose intolerant. i love cheese and gelato way too much to ever give that up. i was vegan for two years and finally gave up.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
1.i have gone zip lining across the rain forest in costa rica
2. canyoning dowin 115ft waterfalls
3. parasailing in mexico
4. lived in villages in india and took a house boat down the back waters of kerala
5. rode camels around the pyramids in egypt and cruised down the nile river
6.i have traveled to 28 different countries
7. started hoops for the homeless (teaching the homeless how to hula hoop)& made a living hooping
8. lived in a sustainable living commune in california
9. worked at sea world & swam with dolphins
10. Hiked across the country of spain for 1 month on the Camino De Santiago
11. Spent the entire 4.5 months in Europe and only paid for 3 hotels/ hostels (if you dont count the camino) because i made friends & couch surfers along the way
12. lived in: California, Florida, Massachusetts, France, Italy, India, and Thailand
13. Rode elephants and bamboo rafts in the jungles of thailand
14. took a camel caravan deep into the desert in rajasthan and spent the nights sleeping under the stars in the sand dunes
15.almost got arrested in Baharain
13. why dont we spend time together and find out more about each other and we can discover all the cools things we have done!
Teach, Learn, Share
*Jewlery making (if we have the tools)
* international development & social justice
* travel stories
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Canada, Costa Rica, Egypt, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom, Vatican City State
Countries I’ve Lived In
France, India, Italy, United States