Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 9 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Florence’s full profile. It’s free!
Just another West Coaster who's moved to Austin for school after 2 years of traveling and couchsurfing around the US. It's been a little tough getting back into the grind but I'm pretty determined to get that Zoology/wildlife biology degree so that I can get back to exploring the world while getting paid for it ;)
I'd like to think I'm a decently interesting person to converse with and be around. Its a work in progress (always).
I think life in every form (biological, spiritual, etc.) is fascinating and inspiring and I want to experience more of it!
You're alive; enjoy it!
I believe there is intrinsic value in all life.
I believe that people have the ability to choose who and how they want to be despite whatever situation they may be in.
And, with a nod to Conor Oberst,
"But the night rolls around and it all starts making sense;
there is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live.
So I do what I do, and at least I exist;
what could mean more than this... mean more, mean more?"
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I crashed on peoples' couches and had an amazing time with it. Have also had a lot of fun attending a couple of Couchcrashes along with some other local Couchsurfing events! Hoping to start hosting soon enough.
Every Couchsurfing experience I've had so far has been unique and awesome in its own way. I've never considered myself much of a people person but each Couchsurfer/Host I've met has changed my mind by just that much more :)
- rock climbing
Music, Movies, and Books
Never enough! Show me more!
- Little Miss Sunshine, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, V for Vendetta, Garden State, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, SLC Punk!, The Jacket (discovered through fellow couchsurfer), Silence of the Lambs, Dr. Strangelove, Across the Universe, The Dark Side of Planet Earth (Dark Side of the Moon synced with Planet Earth- amazing!), etc.
- Any Studio Ghibli movie (i.e. Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke)
- A few Chris Nolan movies (The Prestige, Memento)
- Wes Anderson
- The Little Prince
- House of Leaves
- Only Revolutions
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Looking for Alaska
- The Phantom Tolbooth
- Battle Royale
- KEXP (http://kexp.org) - Best radio station. Ever.
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Rainbow Gathering 2011/2012
Burning Man 2011/2012
Teach, Learn, Share
Being happy is a choice!
Don't expect to get very far in cheap, Chinese knock-off shoes.
Let's talk psychedelics.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Good conversation, sincere interest, stories, opinions, cooking.
Countries I’ve Visited
Australia, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, Spain, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In