Wants to Meet Up
- Last login 4 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Iñaki’s full profile. It’s free!
Being happy, making people happy.
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;
If you can dream and not make dreams your master;
If you can think and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
"Happiness is only real when shared"
"What goes around comes around."
"All glory is fleeting"
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
I try to help city visitors of any kind: Erasmus students, travelers, tourists, etc.
In return I get to know people from all over the country and the world that make me see my city trough their eyes and rediscover it.
Meeting travelers opens my mind.
I have shared my flat with a lot of people from around the world: US, UK, France, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Spain, etc. The overall experience has been great.
1. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; to gain all while you give; to roam the roads of lands remote; to travel is to live.” ― Hans Christian Andersen
2. “I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
3. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
4. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
5. “He who does not travel does not know the value of men.” – Moorish proverb
6. “Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God.” – Kurt Vonnegut
7. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
8. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
9. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Unknown
10. “Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse.” – Thomas Fuller
11. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain
12. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
13. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
14. “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” – Michael Palin
15. “Once a year go somewhere you have never been before.” – Dalai Lama
16. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
17. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
18. “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
19. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James Michener
20. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.” – Mohammed
21. “The open road is a beckoning, a strangeness, a place where a man can lose himself.” – William Least Heat Moon
22. “This heart of mine was made to travel the world.” – Unknown
23. “A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
24. “The world is a book and he who doesn’t travel only reads one page.” – St. Augustine
25. “Travel does what good novelists also do to the life of everyday, placing it like a picture in a frame or a gem in its setting, so that the intrinsic qualities are made more clear. Travel does this with the very stuff that everyday life is made of, giving to it the sharp contour and meaning of art.” – Freya Stark
26. “He who is outside his door has the hardest part of his journey behind him.” – Dutch Proverb
27. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
28. “Travel teaches toleration.” – Benjamin Disraeli
29. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
30. “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
31. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
32. “I don’t know where i am going but I’m on my way.” – Carl Sagan
33. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
34. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
35. “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
36. “The journey is the destination.” ― Dan Eldon
37. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
38. “He who has seen one cathedral ten times has seen something; he who has seen ten cathedrals once has seen but little; and he who has spent half an hour in each of a hundred cathedrals has seen nothing at all.” – Sinclair Lewis
39. “The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
40. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
41. “NOT I – NOT ANYONE else, can travel that road for you, You must travel it for yourself.” – Walt Whitman
42. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” – Danny Kaye
43. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” ― Clifton Fadiman
44. “I dislike feeling at home when I am abroad.” – George Bernard Shaw
45. “Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” – Mark Jenkins
46. “People don’t take trips… trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
47. “A child on a farm sees a plane fly overhead and dreams of a faraway place. A traveler on the plane sees the farmhouse…and thinks of home.” – Carl Burns.
48. “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” ― Mary Anne Radmacher
49. “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.” ― Pico Iyer
50. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Scott Cameron
51. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha
52. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” — Lawrence Block
53. “Travel safe, travel far, travel wide, and travel often.” – Nomad
The sedentary life has left us edgy, unfulfilled.
Even after 400 generations in villages and cities, we haven't forgotten.
The open road still softly calls, like a nearly forgotten song of childhood.
We crave to discover lands and new worlds.
- study abroad
Music, Movies, and Books
Lana del Rey
Dave Matthews Band
Dolores O' Riordan
Florence and the Machine
La Mala Rodriguez
30 Seconds to Mars
POD-Payable On Death
Alice in Chains
The Chemical Brothers
System of a Down
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Swedish House Mafia
3 Doors Down
The Ting Tings
Goo Goo Dolls
EBTG - Everything But The Girl
Kings Of Leon
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Into the Wild
Being John Malkovich
The Twilight Saga
We Own the Night
Up in the Air
I Am Legend
Into the Wild
The West Wing
How I Met Your Mother
The New Girl
Friday Night Lights
How to Make It in America
The IT Crowd
Law & Order
Sex and the City
Lie to Me
The Big Bang Theory
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
All those moments will be lost in time...
like tears in rain... Time to die. "
Teach, Learn, Share
Open my eyes.
What I Can Share with Hosts
Sightseeing my city.
Countries I’ve Visited
Andorra, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
Countries I’ve Lived In
Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, United States