- Last login 5 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Isabelle’s full profile. It’s free!
For now I mostly surfed (in Germany and Norway for the most part). But now that I have a place of my own with a fat couch, I'm more than happy to return the favor!
I have an ever-changing schedule so it might be complicated to welcome you depending on the moment. I'm often working in the evenings. But my flatmates might be able to welcome you in my stead!
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
Why couchsurfing is the best way to travel:
- you actually get to see the places you visit with the perspective of a local, instead of being just a foreign tourist among foreign tourists in a hotel/hostel
- you can get to discover the area in a way you wouldn't have if you were just following a guide
- every day is a new challenge: you have to adapt, socialize, bend to others' habits; it is not the most convenient or easy way to travel, but because of that it is the richest
- you get to confront your culture, habits, ideas to someone else's, in a very direct way, in their own homes: better be humble
- you get to meet people you would not have met in any other circumstances, people you sometimes wouldn't have thought you would get along with
- sometimes, you even end up making friends
- and last but not least, it's cheap: meaning you get to make the most of a trip you might not have been able to take if couchsurfing didn't exist
What I do these days:
I work in a concert venue, le Périscope; I manage the crew of volunteers and the welcoming of the artists and the audience.
I also take part voluntarily in a DIY collective organizing concerts in Lyon, Grrrnd Zero.
My interests in short:
- music (alternative, experimental, slow, hard, dark, ambient, fast, loud, minimalist, silent, melodic, melancholy, insane, cross-genre, rhythmic, destructured) and live concerts
- cinema (old, classics, international, art, disturbing, moving, contemplative, soundtracks, series, animation, documentaries)
- history (wars, human dynamics, ideologies, paradigms, historiography)
- philosophy/sociology/psychology (whatever I can twist my brain enough to understand)
- books (essays, classic novels, poetry, short stories)
- nature (contact with animals and everything that grows, respect, study, cherish and benefit)
- moving around (on foot, by bike, on horseback, by car, by motorcycle one day, by train, hitch-hiking: traveling rather than going somewhere)
- organic food
- live music
- alternative music
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In