Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 7 months ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Heeryung Geraldine’s full profile. It’s free!
Take it easy, and enjoy humor especially about yourself :D / Draw a map in my mind.
I am a student from South Korea. I studied English Education in South Korea and currently study English Literature in England.
When I was young, I was imaginative and wrote several short stories. I still keep story notebooks home. Reading books and writing stories has been my great pleasure. Now I do not write a short story but still love to depict life in my own language.
Traveling on my own and meeting new people from different culture/life style are amazingly helpful to widen my view. Thanks to travel, I try not to be too much serious for everything:D! Therefore definitely love to travel with as few people as possible to meet new people and experience more.
I love to chat about and experience something I have never tried before. Also, I am proud of myself since I adjust myself in a totally new context quite well. I rarely complain about difficulties from cultural differences since I believe I am not qualified to judge other cultures before I actually experience or understand them. Apparently, learning new culture is simply fun and excited.
- Often, it is better to think something is 'different' than 'wrong'.
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
HOW I PARTICIPATE IN COUCHSURFING
One of my friends recommended me since it was amazing experience:) !
I have just started C.S and hosts in the first trip were totally amazing! They absolutely widen my view :)!!!
- have been interested in learning all the differences of culture
- Both trying something I've never done before and listening something new or different are awesome.
-learning how to take a gorgeous photographs on my own. Good tips are always welcomed!
- Tasting representative cuisine of a country is current favorite... Indian is AWESOME.
- Museums and galleries are usually wonderful. Even though I do not know well, even skimming a museum is still helpful to learn something intersting about the region/culture.
Music, Movies, and Books
Alain de Botton, Roald Dahl & Paulo Cohelo
Harry Potter & Lord of the Rings
Currently I am reading Bill Bryson and Neil Gaiman
Waiting for Hobbits(film)!
Love to watch a film: 500 days of Summer, Lord of the Rings, Moulin Rouge, X-men series(not all though), Old boy, Fightclub, Up in the Air, Tim Burton's films...
I have visited PiFan, a film festivals in South Korea.
The Big Bang Theory, IT Crowds
Any music. Current favorite is Regina Spektor.
Listening to jam is always AWESOME!
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
- Paragliding in Switzerland was amazing. I felt like I was truly flying, watching gorgeous landscape!
- I also did volunteering in India, which is the best moment in my life. I learned how attractive the country is, and how to make good friends from different culture. I will visit India one more time as a traveler.:)
Teach, Learn, Share
- Korean language & culture
(I can show you Korean cuisine if you want!)
- a little bit of Chinese(mandarin)
I really like to learn German!
Countries I’ve Visited
Austria, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, India, Italy, Malaysia, Mongolia, Netherlands, South Korea, United Kingdom
Countries I’ve Lived In
South Korea, United Kingdom