Not Accepting Guests
- Last login 26 days ago
Join Couchsurfing to see Jackson’s full profile.
"Live in the now."
As a lifelong learner, I like to play outside of my comfort zone, listen to people, and accidentally stumble upon a beautiful place while exploring a new area.
I have a varied professional background, ranging from civil engineering, non-profit work, the arts, education, human-centred design, bodywork, and filmmaking. Currently I'm creating my own path as a self-employed consultant.
Honestly, I'm a just a trauma-informed, equity-centered faerie full of love, smiles, and light.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road does not mean they are lost." - Dalai Lama
"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few that will catch your heart. Pursue those."
Why I’m on Couchsurfing
I've mostly just been a couchsurfer around the world, but I hope to one day host more when I have my own place. People have been so generous and kind to me all around the globe. I am so grateful for this website and the connections it has fostered!
Living healthy, deep conversations, and spending time in nature. I love singing, dancing, the ocean, ice cream, am quite adventurous, and above all want to connect with magical, kind people, and new opportunities.
- scuba diving
- alternative medicine
- natural medicine
Music, Movies, and Books
Make me laugh or cry. Or both. (Most of Pixar/Disney, Good Will Hunting, The Imitation Game, When Harry Met Sally, The Martian)
Smart writing and representation gets me right in the feels. (Pose, Grey's Anatomy, Sense8, The OA)
Breathy indie folk acoustic singer-songwriters that wake me up in the morning. (Joe Purdy, Jack Johnson, Joshua Radin, Gregory Alan Isakov, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Ingrid Michaelson, Allie Moss, Sara Bareilles)
I love dystopian future post-apocalyptic young adult fiction novels and cute children's picture books (Ender's Game, Ready Player One, The Giver, Death Wins a Gold Fish, Calvin and Hobbes)
One Amazing Thing I’ve Done
Hearing the stories of everyday people and reflecting on how far they've come.
Teach, Learn, Share
- I speak a few languages and have lived in a few places, so I am happy to converse/teach or tell you some stories of a far off city.
- On the side, I enjoy moonlighting as an interdisciplinary artist, creating work in dance, poetry, facilitation, theatre, voice, film, prose, music, and the healing arts. As a queer, non-binary, 1.5 generation immigrant-settler, my intersectionality is reflected in my creative work, which explores intentional community building in polarizing times, reverence for the land, challenging the mainstream dominant paradigm, queer identities coexisting with cultural values, and Hong Kong diaspora in the West.
What I Can Share with Hosts
- I grew up as an immigrant and evangelical Christian, and I have struggled to reconcile these pieces of my culture and community with my LGBTQ-identity. I'm in a great place now, but if you want to chat and learn about this part of my journey, I'm more than happy to speak about it.
- I'm a pretty good cook, very clean, and respectful of space. I am happy to hang out and also very independent.
- I play the piano and enjoy getting creative, and have performed in venues all around the world.
Countries I’ve Visited
Armenia, Belize, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, China, Cyprus, Dominica, Egypt, Fiji, France, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Lesotho, Malaysia, Martinique, Mexico, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saint Lucia, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Viet Nam
Countries I’ve Lived In
Canada, Georgia, Guadeloupe, Hong Kong, Singapore