Jason Jooste's Photo

Partially Verified

  • Payment verified
  • Phone not verified
  • Government ID not verified
  • Address not verified

Wants to Meet Up

  • Last login 9 days ago

Join Couchsurfing to see Jason’s full profile. It’s free!

Overview

  • 2 References 2 Confirmed & Positive
  • Fluent in English; learning Danish
  • 25, Male
  • Member since 2016
  • Biotechnology research
  • Bachelors of Biotechnology
  • From Brisbane City, Queensland, Australia
  • Profile 100% complete

About Me

I'm a guy on a year long motorcycle adventure across the world from Australia to Europe via Indonesia, south-east Asia, Myanmar, India and the Middle East. I feel like I've been living in a bit of a bubble in the lucky country and hopefully I can learn something about the world (and myself) along the way.

Why I’m on Couchsurfing

For a bed and a shower (or even a patch of grass) and a bit of local knowledge - but of course the chance to meet adventurous, open and generous spirits.

Music, Movies, and Books

I love music! I listen to a wide variety of stuff, a lot of strange electronic music, but recently I've been branching out into some folky stuff (Sufjan stevens, Daughter), indie rock (really love Cloud control, Cake, Modest Mouse ) and 70s/80s soul and funk (James Brown, Baby Huey). I'm more picky about movies and books, really loved Boyhood last year (or was it the year before?) and my favourite movie is Dr Strangelove. My favourite book is Catch 22 but I love everything by Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett.

One Amazing Thing I’ve Done

Unsupported crossing of the Simpson desert by motorbike with my Dad in April 2016, despite snapped ankle ligaments and a cracked rib (neither of them mine, sorry :) )

Teach, Learn, Share

Mostly still in the learning stage. I know a little bit about, and get great satisfaction from, fixing things so if you need help or advice maybe I can chip in (Disclaimer: the usual rule applies 90% chance of a fix, 10% of being broken irreparably)

What I Can Share with Hosts

Hopefully a few stories, hopes, fears, ideas, philosophy. I love to hear about how other people view the world and thoughts on how to improve it.

Countries I’ve Visited

Australia, Austria, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Scotland, South Africa, Switzerland

Countries I’ve Lived In

Australia, Namibia, South Africa

Join Couchsurfing to see Jason’s full profile. It’s free!

My Groups